• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone here own a 99 black/tan...

LUCA

Boomstick\Owner
Admin
SVT that was totaled by Geico?

IMRC cover was painted red and a hole cut into it for air to the IMRC box. The fire blanket on the hood had a hole cut into it and there was a metal piece behind the grille and molded over the header panel to direct air to the IMRC. Apparently there were issues or someone was trying to prevent heat issues with the IMRC. ;)

The fuse cover was painted red also. It had an "old school" Rubbermaid heat shield and at one time had a Weapon R intake, it was missing but the bracket remained.

The rear reflector was blacked out with vinyl as were the tail lights. There were circles cut into the vinyl on the tail lights.

It had two Bucks County FOP supporter stickers in the back window.

I have some cell phone pictures but can't get them off my phone right now.

Anyway, the car is at the Harry's in Allentown. Of course, many parts are now missing.

Anyone?

Last edited:
after your description of the ghetto rigging i doubt anyone will own up to it lol.

It wasn't that bad, I've seen worse. ;)

It also had pre-98 sail panels.

So, did ya get anything good? :D

How was the interior? Was the passenger side front door panel there and in close to perfect condition?

Of course I got something off that car. :D Two things actually, both BIG items. :)

Some moron broke all the door panels to get the speakers out. The interior is fair to good. Someone threw something greasy (car part) on the back seat and the driver's seat is a bit worn. The center console is in the backseat, looks like someone broke that to get it out, the gauge cluster is missing too.

Of course I got something off that car. :D Two things actually, both BIG items. :)

Hmmm, front/rear bumpers, sideskirts, exhaust? Those are a few big things that I can think of. PM me with details if you want.

Some moron broke all the door panels to get the speakers out. The interior is fair to good. Someone threw something greasy (car part) on the back seat and the driver's seat is a bit worn. The center console is in the backseat, looks like someone broke that to get it out, the gauge cluster is missing too.

Oh jeez, they better have been aftermarket speakers. :mad: That really sucks. It's not like you find a parts car with a tan interior everyday. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

So basically someone ruined a decent interior just to get a few small parts. :nonono:

Hmmm, front/rear bumpers, sideskirts, exhaust? Those are a few big things that I can think of. PM me with details if you want.

The exhaust was gone. You have a PM. :)

Oh jeez, they better have been aftermarket speakers. :mad: That really sucks. It's not like you find a parts car with a tan interior everyday. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

So basically someone ruined a decent interior just to get a few small parts. :nonono:

I don't remember seeing any speakers nearby so they probably were aftermarket. Normally they'd just break the panels and leave the speakers if they are stock.

Yep, someone ruined a decent interior for a few small parts. The Allentown yard is like that, the majority of people that go there could care less. :(

Back