• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check: Florida meet and CRUISE

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
Looking at planning the next meet.
This time I am thinnking of doung a cruise though.
The majority of the time will be spent driving.
Mostly on back-country roads through the middle of the state with lots of good places to stop and take pics and some cool things along the way (like the place in Lake Wales where you stop your car, put it in neutral and let it roll UPHILL all by itself)

It will be in late November / early Decemeber so the weather can be enjoyed as we drive.

What does everybody think?

That would be great and this gives everyone plenty of time for people to get ready. I was hoping for it to be sooner but GCT is coming up. Since this is an interest check; I wonder if we could go east to west so we could get some sunset pics on the gulf side. No matter what we do, Im in for sure.

This would work if the roads were fun. I wouldn't be willing to drive all over creation at $4 a gallon if its just regular roads.

Mostly 2 lane back country roads. Lots of twisties.

I will be going on a preview trip soon (probably in the Focus - 87 octage, better gas mileage)

Looks like I need to install my Koni Kit, subframe connectors, and BAT Rear sway abr on the wifes svt, cause ill be driving on this trip!

Yes it sucks to plan a meet when newbies Say they would love to go if it is local, and then they never show up.

If we get crabby about it, the newbies will never come and enjoy the great fun of a meet.

Why not just plan it around a good place to go for a drive. If there happen to be good places to drive that are around lots of people, do it there.

Everyone that has not been to one of our meets does NOT know that they are missing!!!!

Ask Tyler. It was his first meet and I think hes addicted already.

Drunken antics, Marty with his drunken camera, Brent with his radioactive ass, Kerry with his constantly breaking zetec, Me with my great poker skills and my silly attraction to everything that walks especially when its out of my hometown. Twizzlers being passed from car to car going 90mph, People changing the station on the tv when no one knows how it keeps changing. etc/\.....

Everyone that has not been to one of our meets does NOT know that they are missing!!!!

Ask Tyler. It was his first meet and I think hes addicted already.

Drunken antics, Marty with his drunken camera, Brent with his radioactive ass, Kerry with his constantly breaking zetec, Me with my great poker skills and my silly attraction to everything that walks especially when its out of my hometown. Twizzlers being passed from car to car going 90mph, People changing the station on the tv when no one knows how it keeps changing. etc/\.....

I feel like an idiot for ever missing an event. The one thing that really stuck out to me is that the meets are just for a bunch of people that have a similar interest in cars and having fun. Who doesnt want that? I laughed out loud about the remote thing. Im looking forward to every meet. I am pretty up tight about driving places for such little time but I would drive down to Miami for just a couple of hours to go to another meet. Period.

I know...
Just read what SVTTOUR wrote.. that sums it all up though...

Im sure they are fun ive been in prior car clubs who used to meet up in Orlando all the time. I just have personal things that im sure you dont care to hear that wouldn't allow me to travel all over the state for a car meet or else I would be happy too

Ah.. but this is more than a car club meet.
At this point, it more about the people than the cars.
And at that point, the people do care about others personal issues....

Back