• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BEWARE of "ctrdad"

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
I sent money to him for a strut bar he had. PMs and any e-mails stopped after money was sent on 10-18-07 and e-mail no longer works for him. He might be very busy with work (like he has stated in the past). He just bought a svt for his daughter and might have some extra parts to sell that were in the trunk, never installed. I will update here if I got scammed for sure or if he FINALLY sends me the strut bar. Until then, I would advise no one deal with ctrdad. He has posted one time in the W. Great Lakes area and that is all, 1 time. Seems very legit all the way through.

I got the strut bar! YAY!
ctrdad is OK to do deals with! He just takes a long time to ship and let you know the status of the shipment. He is a good guy!

Last edited:
19 days to box up a part and ship it is no excuse regardless of the circumstances. I can understand 1 week if there is a death (Seems like someone always dies whenever you buy a part) but hes had 3 weekends now to ship it out. Let us know how it turns out.

Any way to stop payment? I know in the past I've sent a few things out before I got the $$$, always held my breath till it showed up. Hope he's just being lazy and you get your stuff.

Through paypal I believe the payment is sent right away and can not be undone.....
Any way to stop payment? I know in the past I've sent a few things out before I got the $$$, always held my breath till it showed up. Hope he's just being lazy and you get your stuff.

I'm no expert, but I thought they had some sort of protection against that kind of thing??? Maybe I'm mistaken, but you should try to contact them and see.

I'm no expert, but I thought they had some sort of protection against that kind of thing??? Maybe I'm mistaken, but you should try to contact them and see.

yes you can place a claim against the payment. go into the transaction information and get the transaction ID and click over to the resolution center. you can open a clain from there with the transaction ID. have to read the info but you have som many days after the transaction where you can open a claim and once you do the seller, in this case, has 20 days to respond and if they don't it will automattically go to a claim. untill then you can send messages and try to resolve the problem.

I always get a money order from the post office. From what I have been told, if someone screws you on a sale you can tell the post office and they will go after the scammer for mail fraud.

I sold him SVT springs, and had to ship them twice, Appearantly he gave me his office address, which was fine, and forgot to tell his secretary that something was coming to him. I got the package back, he sent me another $15 for shipping, shipped it out and never heard from him again. I still have his money in the bank from the purchase, I can only assume everything went fine but the low post count kind of concerned me.

PayPal claims are easy and painless. I've made a few claims and they were resolved very fast.

One within a few hours, one after a couple days.

PayPal claims are easy and painless. I've made a few claims and they were resolved very fast.

yup, him and I went through paypal. I love paypal's sense of security :warmfuzzies:

I always get a money order from the post office. From what I have been told, if someone screws you on a sale you can tell the post office and they will go after the scammer for mail fraud.
+1.

I only use USPS Postal Orders. Cost a bit more and takes a few more days for it to arrive. But this way, both the seller and I are protected.

Postal fraud is a very serious offense.:nonono:

You are lucky.

Once I bought 2 P4 CPUs on line. I received a sponge. After the required 'resolution period', it was escalated to be a claim. Pay Pal gave me 10 days to file a police report but in Maryland, I got told twice they do not handle ebay transaction complaints. Finally I got one new civil aid in the Police station who took the report, but only gave me a 'request sheet' (basically you need to pay another $10 for the official report, and wait for 2-3 weeks to get it) which Pay Pal happily denied the legitimacy and denied my claim.

:mad:

Ive had good luck with paypal. Only once did I have to file a claim. Others may remember when my brother was trying to find an svt, we were a high bidder of an svt on ebay that was advertised in "near perfect" condition. We put down a $500 refundable deposit and drove there only to find the car was a complete mess inside and out. Anyways, he refunded our paypal deposit that day. About a week later, he filed a claim asking for it back. Paypal put the money on hold and we obviously had in writing that the deposit was refundable. I think it ended up taking about 2-3 weeks for the refund.

PayPal is so easy to pay with, but any time you deal with a dispute it totally will screw you to no end! I have had too many issues and spent too long on the phone with them trying to get my money back. I wish all of you the best of luck with your business with PayPal; mine has been less than acceptable.

PayPal is so easy to pay with, but any time you deal with a dispute it totally will screw you to no end! I have had too many issues and spent too long on the phone with them trying to get my money back. I wish all of you the best of luck with your business with PayPal; mine has been less than acceptable.

You actually dealt with your dispute on the phone? I thought Paypal only dealt disputes/claims through email. At least thats what they told me when I contacted them by phone.

I have never had a claim come back in my favor. I have been screwed tooo many times on paypal that way:nonono:

+1.

I only use USPS Postal Orders. Cost a bit more and takes a few more days for it to arrive. But this way, both the seller and I are protected.

Postal fraud is a very serious offense.:nonono:
I concur and also only use postal M.O's when paypal is not available. I Had to argue the security with a seller one time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back