• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intake manifolds......

I got a SRI here that was suppose to be for a Taurus 3L but its actually for a Honda Civic.

whats an SRI?

[edit] short ram intake, haha, ok

I'd like to get a smooth piece of black plastic to replace the accordion tube from my svt box to my tb.

I'd also like to try out changing my 2.5 MAF sensor into a black plastic Taurus MAF housing, and taking out the diffuser.

I think this thread was about manifolds though.

whats an SRI?

[edit] short ram intake, haha, ok

I'd like to get a smooth piece of black plastic to replace the accordion tube from my svt box to my tb.

I'd also like to try out changing my 2.5 MAF sensor into a black plastic Taurus MAF housing, and taking out the diffuser.

I think this thread was about manifolds though.

I thought that you learned you lesson about hacking stuff together? Just keep it the way it is and be happy with it.

I thought that you learned you lesson about hacking stuff together? Just keep it the way it is and be happy with it.

why so negative man? the taurus maf housing is the same size, just smoother and plastic.

and putting a short ram tube in place of the accordion tube isn't hacking anything up, it's just swapping a part for an aftermarket part.

I'm going to put the contour sensor in it dude, or maybe just get an 2000 'tour one, whatever turns up first.

I'm genuinely curious what exactly you are hoping to gain from this? Lower heat soak? .05 WHP increase with less turbulent flow from pipe roughness factor? :shrug:

pretty much, and I like the look of it better, and it might sound better. who knows, but it's cheap enough to try and see how it is.

honestly, what does anyone expect to get out of intake mods? unless you get over the top with an intake system, it's not going to produce any kind of significant numbers by itself.

it cant hurt though

:shrug:

Your making it to hard on yourself, a platic tour maf sould be easy to find. I personally woldn't bother though.

For the injectors. Did you use the 3L injectors and splice the 3L electrical plugs into the Contour wiring harness?

Thanks for the help.

For the injectors. Did you use the 3L injectors and splice the 3L electrical plugs into the Contour wiring harness?

Thanks for the help.

not sure if the question was directed at me or not, but I used the stock 02 injectors, they're grey and required the taurus pigtails to be spliced in. a tune is also needed to get it to run with them.

oddly enough, me, being a dumb arse and all, thought these grey ones in the car where black, because I was looking at the connections, and every body said there where no black injectors. so to my surprise, when the 04 engine arrived, IT REALLY DID HAVE BLACK INJECTORS!

I have no idea what the lb rate is on them, but I intend to keep them for the mean time, just because it can never hurt to have spare injectors.

I sent you a pm about some other stuff, check your inbox

Back