• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'll be in Phoenix Jan 27-30th...

Getting ready to take off from San Diego in a few minutes I'll post on here when I get into town. I'm looking forward to meeting up with anyone that can come out for a little meet.

Yeah, the weather is really nasty. There's gonna be ALOT of standind water on the roads when you get here. We've gotten probably 4 inches at my house, and the weather says another 2 or 3 inches overnight. The washes are going to be running strong.

Just got into town wasn't too bad driving over rain isn't a big deal for me I do live in the Seattle area, lol. I'm going to check out the school in the morning but I'll pm my number to those of you that have been posting on this thread that are in the area so we can get a meet figured out.

The difference between here and Seattle is that many of the roads here aren't designed for rain. The drainage sucks and many times you'll find ponds of rain on the roads. Also, flash floods will put many inches of rain on the roads (and freeways) before it has a chance to drain off. So just look out.. and be careful.

I suggested Tuesday night before. I just got back from Canada late Saturday.. so Sunday was a wash. My wife and I have plans for Monday. Sounds like Nezer might be able to do Tues too. Is that ok with you, Red? I'll call you later today (monday).

Meh got to work Tuesday too, even though I told my boss I can't work Tuesday anymore, since it get right in the way of school. Oh well sorry chaps.

yeah any time will work for me, (but im kinda broke for gas $) except you can't get ahold of me on my cell, because i lost it last night when i got in a fight at the bar...:mad:

house # 623-516-1098

*edit, got a crap ass temporary phone, so you can call my cell # and get ahold of me

Last edited:
I'm thinking meet up at Thunderbird park at 6pm I'll be there right around then and I'll be hanging out for awhile when you are on your way give me a call so I don't take off before anyone shows up.

azbobbybooshay10- Give me a call when you get off work I'll be down to meet up with you after you get off work.

I also wouldn't be able to make it until about 8:30. Is this the Thunderbird park in Glendale at 67th Ave & Deer/Happy Valley?

You guys just want to hang out.. or also go for a drive?

Alright then lets move the time to 9pm instead of 6pm and yes Morbid that's the park I've been thinking of. I would like to hang out for a few then go for a drive with anyone that's up for it.

Good deal, it looks like almost everyone will make it out, it'll be nice to get everyone together, for a cruise if possible. i think the only person we're missing in the Phx area is the other SF, forget this guys' name.

*Edit, everyone who has a camera/videocam, and walkie talkie / 2-ways bring'em so that we can take lots of pics, some video, and keep in contact for safer travels if possible when / if we go for a lil spirited cruise.... I'd actually like to get some rolling shots of my car before she's gone, and video would be sweet too! see you mafakers soon!

ps.
don't mind the scratches i'll be sporting tonight...

Last edited:
I went up to that area today lets make it 67th street and Deer Valley in that shopping center still around 9pm tonight then we'll go from there. Looking forward to it.

Justin, I got the video camera taken care of. My picture camera sucks at night though unless I use the tripod, so if someone else has a camera as well, that would be good. I only have 1 walkie-talkie though, my other one is sitting in a Honda Civic in Scottsdale...:help:

Good deal, it looks like almost everyone will make it out, it'll be nice to get everyone together, for a cruise if possible. i think the only person we're missing in the Phx area is the other SF, forget this guys' name.

*Edit, everyone who has a camera/videocam, and walkie talkie / 2-ways bring'em so that we can take lots of pics, some video, and keep in contact for safer travels if possible when / if we go for a lil spirited cruise.... I'd actually like to get some rolling shots of my car before she's gone, and video would be sweet too! see you mafakers soon!

ps.
don't mind the scratches i'll be sporting tonight...

Back