• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

If you thought Roger was anal....

Someone needs a life ASAP! Hate to see what he'd do if he bought an exotic!

Haha just saw this.

clearly a complete tit with too much time on his hands.
its an astra FFS!

Last edited:
I think that's the same guy that was on Top Gear and charged some obsurd price to detail high end cars. Why does the guy spray off cars with other cars so close:confused: :rolleyes:

BTW, if thats the actual next Saturn Astra....:cool:

In closing this guy is GTO Pete, Goonz and myself x1000:eek:

According to Zymols website, that glaze that comes in that glass container that hes using retails for $7,188. It does have free refills for life though.
foreheadslap.gif

There's nothing too extravagent about this guy (aside from the final wax). Any pro detailer would go through the paint thickness check and the bright light scratch/swirl finder. I've spent 10-12 hours detailing the exterior of my car w/ a 9 step process (wash, clay, swirl remover, polish, sealant, carnuba, trim/tires, windows). Some months I spend more time detailing my car than I do driving it:dizzy:

It's definately a very addictive hobby.:cool:

I'm in no position to question this guy, or anyone else, but IMO doing the clay/cleaner/polish/sealant on a regular basis is about all thats needed, although I believe in MANY layers inbetween though and clay about 4 times a year:laugh:

$7,188 for some final wax, damn, that more than most of the CSVT's out there:shocked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cross
Some months I spend more time detailing my car than I do driving it:dizzy:

lol I hear ya on that one.

I put my car through the mechanical car wash once this year - so far. I try to get it washed at least twice a year whether it needs it or not.

That is true, BUT - Been mighty busy, and after the hurricanes of 2004 my car was all beat up. It'll be getting some body work & re-painted in the next year or two. Until then I'm not gonna stress about keeping it shiney.

I keep my cars nice, but the stress should never outweigh the pleasure. The things are meant to be driven, after all. No NASA scientist techniques should be required to detail a car. Wash it, clay it, wax it, and drive it.

Back