• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Icefury's extensively modded 2000 3.0 SVT

Cars looking really good. What is this Jet Hot coating i keep seeing? Also id love my UIM in this colour as it would complement my white alloys and rear boot lettering :laugh:

Jet-Hot is the brand name of a coating used to keep heat out of certain parts. The idea behind coating the UIM is to keep excess heat from the engine from heating the incoming air charge. The lower the temp that the air is on the way in the more efficient the engine can operate and can also create more power.

www.jet-hot.com

LOL @ thread

Agreed!

I thought Pete's old car had the very rare SHM headers? I don't see them on the list you copy and pasted from Pete's old cardomain page. :blackeye:

Oh, never mind, I see them now.

=Performance=
3.0L Duratec Engine (Hybrid build, 11:5:1 compression)
Kinger PnP 2.5 SVT Heads w/ST220 3L valves
Clevite Rod Bearings
SVT Cams
SVT UIM w/Max Honed Power Flow (Jet Hot coated)
SVT 60mm TB, optimized
SVT Focus 255 lph smart fuel pump
Escape Oil Pan (improved baffle & drainback)
DMD (Dual Mode Damper) Crank Pulley
Sean Highland Motorsport Headers (long tube), (Jet Hot coated)
CTA intake pipe, (Jet Hot coated)
AFE 8" Open Air Filter
DTEC intake heat shield
Bassani 2.5 cat-back exhaust
Edelbrock muffler (resonator)
Torsen T2 Limited Slip Differential
SPEC Stage 1 clutch
SPEC lightened flywheel (11 lbs)
Oil Filter Relocation kit w/steel braided lines & FL-1Z filter
Oil/Air separator
Arizona Dyno Chip Engine Tune (XGT1)
=Brakes / Wheels / Suspension=
BAER 12" Brake Kit
Baer rotors – slotted (front,rear)
Stainless Steel brake lines
17" SVT Focus Rims
Bridgestone Potenza G009 Tires 215/45/17
Koni adjustable struts
Ground Control Coilovers
BAT camber kit
BAT 22mm rear sway bar
PRT Camber plates
OMP strut tower brace
McMaster bearings
Energy Suspension motor mount inserts
=Aesthetics=
SVT rear bucket seats
Carbon Fiber sail panels
Painted Front grille w/SVT emblem overlay
Vinyl Headlamp eyelids
Pre-98 trunk w/lip spoiler
Pre-98 taillights w/VVT Nightshade Tint
3M window tint (35%)
Knauberized
Audi A6 clear sidemarkers
A-pillar pod w/ Phantom Autometer gauges (Oil, Volts, Air/Fuel)
Mercury Cougar silver faced shift knob

I just don't see how a lot of work has been done. You say you didn't come to SZ because the car wasn't done. I assumed you meant you hadn't finsihed building the 3.0L. I was obviously mistaken...the LED's hadn't been put in...therefore obviously not SZ ready...:rolleyes:

I just don't see how a lot of work has been done. You say you didn't come to SZ because the car wasn't done. I assumed you meant you hadn't finsihed building the 3.0L. I was obviously mistaken...the LED's hadn't been put in...therefore obviously not SZ ready...:rolleyes:

You graduated from MSU and sold your contour so now you can be a dick to everyone?

The car was in an accident, and was not finished at the body shop when spring zing rolled back around. After the accident nearly the whole car was rebuilt. It's still nice to give an owner credit.

I bought my car with some modifications to it, you want to tell me I didnt do anything pete?

Real classy pete :rolleyes:

You graduated from MSU and sold your contour so now you can be a dick to everyone?

The car was in an accident, and was not finished at the body shop when spring zing rolled back around. After the accident nearly the whole car was rebuilt. It's still nice to give an owner credit.

I bought my car with some modifications to it, you want to tell me I didnt do anything pete?

Real classy pete :rolleyes:

Keyword: some

I just look at what Pete did and what was done by this new owner. The extensive part seems to cover more of what was done by Pete.

And ps, I'm not the only one a bit shocked by the credit being taken for an OG CEGer's ride.

Very nice looking car!

I found this interesting:

I wonder maybe you should also give proper credit to GTO Pete for over 90% of performance/appearance/taste mod made to that car to make what it is. He sank more than $12K into that thing in mods. I know he could be an a$$ some time :laugh: but props to him for some original idea like the rear bucket seats.

I think you did a good job picking a very unique vehicle and then add the nice quad head lamp to make the car even better. Kudos to you. I just think some of the credit should go to Pete too.

BTW, I've always been a dick around here.

Last edited:
Yeah except Pete himself didnt actually install the bulk of those mods if I remember reading correctly a NECO member did all the motor work. So where does that leave the argument?

You may have always been a dick, but I seem to remember a bit more tact before.

Yeah except Pete himself didnt actually install the bulk of those mods if I remember reading correctly a NECO member did all the motor work. So where does that leave the argument?

That is true and I'm trying to work that out with myself. How I feel about it etc.

You may have always been a dick, but I seem to remember a bit more tact before.

Really?

Wow guys. Way to really make a good whoring session into a flame war. For those of you who have no idea what you are talking about, politely bow out of the conversation. Greg DID put alot of extra effort and time into making this car even better that it already was when it was bought from Pete. (Which was a serious undertaking due to Pete's tasteful and functional mods). However, Pete, you did rather jump the gun on your inflammatory words to Greg who did nothing but praise your good taste.Understanding that you were busy and could not return phone calls or PMs, Greg obviously moved on. That's fine, can't hold that against anyone. This was stated above. There was no need to jump in and take offense as none was given. But if you are stating that this is essentially a lie, I would have to say that I PM'd you a couple of times while working on the car and got response either. Take that for what it's worth.
And Map-Fo-Sho, let's change your officail status from TROLL to TOOL. That will avoid any future mistaken judgements that you could possibly have a good point or valid opinion.

Whore on Greg. There are many of us who actually do know the amount of effort and time put into the car after the purchase.

/Pudmunkie/:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

............Good point Pud. How many people here have bought a second or third hand vehicle from a CEG'er with second and third hand mods. Some of you guys need to get the sand out of your vaginas. That is all.

Last edited:
Wow, that was so inventive of you to change the Troll to Tool...someone should pay you the big bucks for your big ideas!

If so much time and effort was put into it then why doesn't he explain that instead of just throwing up mod lists that consist of stuff mostly done by SVT Pete?

I didn't even know the car used to be Pete's until I saw the seats. At which point I was taken back by the mention of extensively modded...:blackeye:

why is the owner obligated to mention anyone in his car domain ?
its his car. he bought it with his hard earned money and should be able to post it however he chooses.
thats like me saying any work ive done to another cegr's car i want them to post credit for me.and there has been quite a few. well thats just stupid IMO.
anyone who suggests that is childish. everyone on ceg knows the history of the car. it is nice. but to feel he should tribute the car to someone else is gay. grow up. if you want props for the car everytime he posts it maybe you shouldnt have sold it.

id also like to say alot of people have done work to my car but im the cat that pay's the bill so ill take the credit.......get it?

Last edited:
why is the owner obligated to mention anyone in his car domain ?
its his car. he bought it with his hard earned money and should be able to post it however he chooses.
thats like me saying any work ive done to another cegr's car i want them to post credit for me.and there has been quite a few. well thats just stupid IMO.
anyone who suggests that is childish. everyone on ceg knows the history of the car. it is nice. but to feel he should tribute the car to someone else is gay. grow up. if you want props for the car everytime he posts it maybe you shouldnt have sold it.

id also like to say alot of people have done work to my car but im the cat that pay's the bill so ill take the credit.......get it?

LOL!!! Best post in this entire thread! ****, I had a lot of work on my old SVT done professionally, but I paid for it, so I didn't feel I needed to mention the guy's name everytime he did something to the car. I sold it to another CEG'er, and the car is now his. I'll refer to it as "my old SVT," but it's not "mine" anymore.

Mark

If so much time and effort was put into it then why doesn't he explain that instead of just throwing up mod lists that consist of stuff mostly done by SVT Pete?

Because when you whore a car, you whore the whole car. You list out all the modifications... :shrug:

Good post bagged.

+1 on you for bring up an old thread from 3 months ago just to make people :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: and complain... :nonono:

Why the hell do people have the urge to bring back an old thread that has obviously died way before they got there???? :shrug:

Back seats are incredible. I feel sorry for that 5th passenger... I wouldn't fit.. Nice headlights too. And the fogs look good!

Back