• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Icefury's extensively modded 2000 3.0 SVT

Wow, very nice! I really love the headlights and the back seats :drool:

On another note, your old cougar looked awesome too...sucks that kid destroyed it...

That svt is sweet and I also love the back seats. Now the rear passengers can stay seated when hanging those turns.

I love the jet hot coated intake too.

Greeaattt! Job.

Looking excellent greg!

This thing needs to be at SZ08, I know you plan to make the trip!

I'd be down for a cruise to SZ08 from the Twin Cities. I didn't go this year because the car isn't finished but I should be done by next year no problem :rolleyes:

I almost made a comment on the pedal covers until I saw page 5 :laugh: Dang, looks like I have serious competition for quickest MN SVT Contour ;)

Those seats are very different. I like them, we should have a meet up soon so I can check them out in person

Last edited:
Note to CEGers: If someone posts that they can't attend a SZ because of being unfinished they will receive an e-kick in the junk. Quite possibly the dumbest excuse on planet Earth.

Note to CEGers: If someone posts that they can't attend a SZ because of being unfinished they will receive an e-kick in the junk. Quite possibly the dumbest excuse on planet Earth.

I'll e-kick you in the junk.

As in the car is blown up... That's not a good enough excuse for you :p

I'd be up for a mn meet in about a week and a half :)

I'll e-kick you in the junk.

As in the car is blown up... That's not a good enough excuse for you :p

I'd be up for a mn meet in about a week and a half :)
Well Ive been thinkin about it, and I might be able to have a "gathering" at my work. It would be for a meal and stuff. Only thing is its kinda pricey:shrug:

And I dunno if people would wanna make the drive up here..

Very nice looking car!

I found this interesting:
Alot of time & hard work, sacrificed paychecks, and innovation have gone into making my SVT Contour what it is today.

I wonder maybe you should also give proper credit to GTO Pete for over 90% of performance/appearance/taste mod made to that car to make what it is. He sank more than $12K into that thing in mods. I know he could be an a$$ some time :laugh: but props to him for some original idea like the rear bucket seats.

I think you did a good job picking a very unique vehicle and then add the nice quad head lamp to make the car even better. Kudos to you. I just think some of the credit should go to Pete too.

Freakin sweet car, but a stock shifter?!?!?!? :D

Yup. For a couple of reasons. First, I have fairly short arms. I had a B&M shifter on it previously and found it uncomfortable as I would have to slightly stretch to make 5th gear . Second, I have a focus shift tower and with the Contour B&M short shifter, the transition through gears was rough and often I had to make several attempts for 2nd and Reverse.

Perhaps playing with shifter cables would have improved this, but I just decided to go back to stock. I might cut the stock shifter a bit or maybe try a focus short throw shifter in the future.

Greg's wife have just given birth prior to SZ07, thats why he didnt attend!

Very nice looking car!

I found this interesting:

I wonder maybe you should also give proper credit to GTO Pete for over 90% of performance/appearance/taste mod made to that car to make what it is. He sank more than $12K into that thing in mods. I know he could be an a$$ some time :laugh: but props to him for some original idea like the rear bucket seats.

I think you did a good job picking a very unique vehicle and then add the nice quad head lamp to make the car even better. Kudos to you. I just think some of the credit should go to Pete too.

It's true, I purchased my CSVT from GTO Pete having many of the major modifications I have listed already done to it. However, I've done a whole hell of alot more than just put Quad Projector headlamps into this car and it certainly was not in 90% of the condition you see it listed today when I took possession of it. Not even close...

I have nothing against Pete. He went out of his way to sell me his CSVT two years ago and it was not an easy deal as I was 1500 miles away from Pete with my bank in a different state. Pete was courteous and prompt with the sale of the CSVT.

After taking possession of the car, Pete really wanted nothing to do with me and my involvement in the car. I tired "numerous" times to keep him posted on my progress with it and request his insights and feedback on what I was doing because I valued his opinion and respected his contributions to CEG as a whole. Pete was good about responding to "sale" related inquires but choose not to return my calls & pm's on virtually all things not directly related to his obligations as a seller.

Of course, he had no obligation to answer me nor do I hold it against him. He moved on, so did I. Maybe you should too. If you want to erect a proverbial shrine in memory of things he did to my car your welcome to do so. But don't preach to me for not doing it.

Oh, and Thank You for the compliment ;)

Last edited:
For those that dont want to click the link

2614897_10_full.jpg

2614897_3_full.jpg

2614897_2_full.jpg

2614897_18_full.jpg

Looks like you and I may have identical cars pretty soon here greg :cool:

Back