• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Top Shop CF trunk PRE 98!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we would do is make a 2 part mold(top and bottom). The top would be 1 layer carbon fiber with a backing of 2 layers of fiberglass and the bottom would be 3 to 4 layers fiberglass.
Now what we would do for the mounts would be glue a peice of metal to the bottom of the trunk this way you are not bolting anything into the fiberglass bottom itself. The glue would be just as hard or harder that the fiberglass. Metal bond glue or liquid nails. We do it to the hoods that we make and have had no problems thus far.

Excellent...

Would you do the trunk latch the same way then? I would assume so anyway...

1. contourSVT99
2. CSVT#49
3. bagged
4. ryanblacksvt
5. Excel4600c ( NO Molded Spoiler)

So only 5 people want this trunk or there is only 5 people that can pay for quality? bagged would you still buy 2 in full? I dont think there is really a time limit to this thread but I dont want to wait forever. I guess we just keep bumping till we get enough people:help:

1. contourSVT99
2. CSVT#49
3. bagged
4. ryanblacksvt
5. Excel4600c ( NO Molded Spoiler)

So only 5 people want this trunk or there is only 5 people that can pay for quality? bagged would you still buy 2 in full? I dont think there is really a time limit to this thread but I dont want to wait forever. I guess we just keep bumping till we get enough people:help:

well i'd be up for a post 98 cf oem trunk lid......

I doubt we'll be able to get parts like this too much longer. Because theyre getting too expensive and the contours becoming a hand me down to kids and they just dont have the money to afford a $500 dollar part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back