• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Push Button Start Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you be able to push the button to turn it off, or would you turn the key? My husband installed a Ford GT button in his Mustang and you have to turn the key off to get the engine to stop. It would be really cool to push the button again to turn the car off.

Sign me up on the list for the available kit either way. I can have paypal out to you when you need.

Would you be able to push the button to turn it off, or would you turn the key? My husband installed a Ford GT button in his Mustang and you have to turn the key off to get the engine to stop. It would be really cool to push the button again to turn the car off.

Sign me up on the list for the available kit either way. I can have paypal out to you when you need.

Ya i would like to find someone who can make a small comp board for me so that the button will latch to run and give a short output for the starter and then on the second push, turn off the motor. This isnt that simple with just relays and a spliced plug set.

So ya, all this does is just replace that extra turn spot of the key.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PUSH...598QQitemZ200280142598QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

THis is the one i want to get and use.
My suggestion with the light is tap into the Oil light, or the Check Engine Light, Those are off when the car is on ((unless low oil or a CEL comes up)) and once you push the button and start the car the light would go off. SO in essence, The button would be lite up when you can push start it....

What's that button out of svttour?

Anyone know what other vehicles have them?

I'd like to find one out of an Elise but I'll probably go with an S2K one since I've got a friend that works there.

Thats out of a lexus LS460

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back