• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Push Button Start Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 Kits for 98+ availible.
CIMG0232.jpg

PBS Kit1 ((98+ only/pre98 plugs not here yet))
~This kit will plug directly into your orig ign. plug (aprox 4" down from key)
~This will aslo turn off your acc. when starting as to not damage any of your acc. (radios, nav. , and many others can be damaged from any volt. drop or spike during starting.
~Will have option to enable/disable key start
~NO momentary button sold with, Use which you like best. all you have to do is gound it out. I will locate which wire will illuminate only when motor is off.. this way your button will only light up when it needs to be started...and off when running (( basicly the alt light on your dash, or Oil light))
(($60-Shipped))
(((WARNING: door was open, ANOYING DINGING!!!)))

((kit 2 showed no promiss of a constant reliability with key placement... Put off for now))

Ok ive decided that there just might be enough ppl interesed for me to make a kit.

PBS Kit1
~This kit will plug directly into your orig ign. plug (aprox 4" down from key)
~This will aslo turn off your acc. when starting as to not damage any of your acc. (radios, nav. , and many others can be damaged from any volt. drop or spike during starting.
~The button hasnt been selected yet but Im looking for a button of size to be placed in the cig lighter hole. (I will soon have pictures of diff buttons so you can choose which youd like)
~Will have option to enable/disable key start
(($65 shipped))
This will need to have your ig key removed so the push button can go there and the steering wheel look would be disabled. The fact. key fob will be relocated anywhere you would like (IE, put by shifter so when you toss your keys in the "cupholder" it will read your key and allow the push start button to work.
(($95 shipped))

So for now Id like to do an Interest check.
Please let me know which kit youd like.

You realize the PATS reader is built around the key cylinder... does that even disconnect? the only way I can see of getting around that... is getting an aftermarket remote start bypass module for PATS and wiring it in for this..... Unless you can separate the PATS ring from the key cylinder?

You realize the PATS reader is built around the key cylinder... does that even disconnect? the only way I can see of getting around that... is getting an aftermarket remote start bypass module for PATS and wiring it in for this..... Unless you can separate the PATS ring from the key cylinder?

Yes. the reader is just a ring with a little board on the base that screws in with one small screw. The key it self houses the chip about 3/4" ((removable btw incase you wanted to put it in something a bit more cool))
Either way this will have the wires extended to be placed else where...
This is still only worked out on paper. Testing will start soon to see how close it has to be to the key and if the keys are moved will it shut off, etc.
CIMG0116.jpg

Very interested in the 2nd kit! I would love to have keys in my pocket and be able to start the car up? I would have to see one installed i think.:shrug: It would make my life easier being i have the interlock device on my ignition.

What is the range of the RFID in the key? If it's great enough you could hide the PATS ring anywhere.

Not very far..... what would be nice though.. would be to make a slot that you could just push it into like on the center console, or dash... and have the keyring hidden behind it...

there is a purpose for the change holder on the dash!!! to hold the key fob with PATs piece installed lol

See I thought about that... but 1st hard accel and the fob falls out... bad times... unless you made some sort of click in spot... just my $.02

according to my 00 Ford CD "The PCM initiates the key interrogation sequence when the vehicle ignition switch is turned to position II or III." this means you will have to wire in either 2 switches or a 3-way switch to put the system into either acc or run. while thats not complicated it does mean you will have to find a place to mount those switches if you chose to remove the ignition cylinder.

Thats pretty much the basics but they left out cutting power to the acc. while starting to avoid any possible damage. this happens in EVERY car on the streets for a reason, so to neglect it is a very bad option.. may not hurt everything , but that one thing that cost too much to replace just might blow...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back