• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Pudmunkie Performance Projector fog lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brackets will be ready shortly.

TeamSVTour:
while I dont know how you affixed your projectors to your bracket, using anything but the hella 90mm adjusters would have been retarded. Additionally I did some testing with the galvanized metal that comes from rallylights. You can make it work on the car. All you have to do is take a set of tinsnips and cut out the bolt holes to where the bracket is barley affixed to the bumper. or add a janky peice of metal to sandwich the bumper and the fog (which can get quite heavy... do you want to rely on friction and a prayer when you hit that bump in the freeway?)

But wait, why use thin and weak galvanized metal that you can cut with tin snips? I wouldnt. During testing with a junk unit I had that little ghetto homebrew bracket fall right off the bumper. Its a good thing I have a junk pair that I secured to the car another way.

If you want to cut corners and use an inferior set-up you can use those brackets all you want.

If you want to do the job right the first time, and not have to worry about it.... you can use mine.

Last edited:
TeamSVTour:
while I dont know how you affixed your projectors to your bracket, using anything but the hella 90mm adjusters would have been retarded.

I already stated that I used the OEM Hella adjusters that are made for these units. :shrug:

Additionally I did some testing with the galvanized metal that comes from rallylights. You can make it work on the car. All you have to do is take a set of tinsnips and cut out the bolt holes to where the bracket is barley affixed to the bumper. or add a janky peice of metal to sandwich the bumper and the fog (which can get quite heavy... do you want to rely on friction and a prayer when you hit that bump in the freeway?)

I didn't use tin snips in any way. The metal bracket that's comes from rallylights.com IS the Hella bracket that is made for this fog unit. It is quite capable of holding the unit and certainly IS NOT weak . I doubt a reputable company like HELLA would put out a an "inferior" bracket. I've tested it for months. I can wiggle my entire bumper by just wiggling the fog light once mounted.

Anyone with the very slightest technical ability can make this Hella bracket work and be very secure. :shrug:

I have already came up with 2 to 3 different ways to mount them using the Hella bracket and all are very secure.

Last edited:
The fact that you can cut the hella bracket with tin snips proves my point. Id rather over engineer things then rely on the weak bracket. The fact that you are just wedging the bracket in between the bumper and a piece of sheet metal is janky. The hella bracket was designed for general mounting purposes, mine is designed for contour mounting purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back