• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC - Carbon Fiber/Kevlar Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supah Stah

CEG'er
Hey I was wondering what you guys would be interested in if there were Quality CF bits up for Grabs....

This is just an IC check at this point but would like to here from you guys as to what's on your mind...

Here's what I was thinkin....

Dash Bits (all, including steering column surround)

Door Handle surounds

Shifter surround

Rear deck lid

Door Handles?

Fues Box cover (engine)

What else? Just thinking out loud

I am in for handle surrounds, fuse box cover, shifter surround and radio bezel if price is right..

Top Shop (just to name one) is a place that is willing to work with you if you are trying to find someone to start them. However if you are talking low volume most people are not interested. The time, effort, and cost associated with making molds and tooling is not worth most companies time. If they are willing to do something for you in a low volume... the price is typically high, often times to high for most people to consider purchasing. This is why I am making my own hood and trunk lid. However that said if you find someone that is willing to do the dash components and door handle surrounds in CF and the price is reasonable... you can count me in.

I dont want to look tackie but i would like some well placed CF. I have the hood and am waiting for that darn pre 98 trunk to get built and I want a roof cover and am looking into a WRX rear window diffuser. in CF. so I would like a complete center console not just a cover and a glove box lid and maby a cover for the dome light and would LOVE a dash cover so I can fix my warp!! So make a complete dash cover!!!!!!

Well there is a lit of interest! Got to start with specifics. How bout we start with a super snug fit dash cover in CF. My dash us tore up as I am sure many others are too. Just a thought

Make bits for your own car. Take pictures to show quality and I'm sure people will buy. You should start with small carbon parts. The interior door handle (the cylinder not the mechanism that actually opens the door) and door cups would be an easy part to make and I would buy them. I would love to do so. A popular part was the Sail Panels and Mirror bases in carbon. These all will make a pretty nice piece and show your talent off.

Im not trying to knock your effort but right now its all talk like everyone else who has come here asking the same question. Do you have any parts you can show off that have been made for the Contour (preferably) if not, another car?

- amyn

so what is going to be made

I wouldn't get to excited. This guy dropped off the face of the earth. He bought and paid for somethings from me, but has not followed up with me in over two months. Per his profile.... Last Activity 06-09-2011 04:23 AM

Suck!! I really would like some CF parts! Anyone else actually making stuff?

I plan to do some once my build has settled down and everything is completed. Most likely wouldn't get to anything until next summer though, besides the stuff I need for my build anyway.

Man, I still want you to build my engine for me.LOL Do you think that Di - what ever its called( carbon look vinyl, is worth putting on my roof? Or is that stuff junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back