• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Brake kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
Sho Source has told me they are interested in making a brake kit for our cars like the BAER kit. I am hoping it will be less than the BAER kit but since they are starting from scratch, they can not guarantee it. I have offered to send my caliper, spindle, and rotor to them to see what they can do. Any interest in this?

definitely interested if the price is right
THE%20PRICE%20IS%20RIGHT%20LOGO.JPG

In for it too, I just got some 18's and I need to fill them up soon....

If the price is right as well as the design.

- amyn

Interested EVENTUALLY depending on price. Got to go back to work and make some moola first though.

I personally prefer a 13" Kit to fill up my fronts as I am still interested in the Baers or TCE kits. Still a feeler for me, I can come up with the money in a month as soon as I see something like this is going into production...

- amyn

This would be most likely for the 12" kit with 2 piston calipers. I personally do not want the 13" kit because I cant run stock wheels and would have to get longer wheel studs...etc.

Count me out if its for the 12" kits, If there is a possibility to also make/test a 13" kit let me know, ill chime in every once in a while....

- amyn

if it ends up being a 13" kit i'll be down but 12" is no good for me I'll keep the stockers.

You don't need a 13" brake kit unless you track the living crap out of your car, and considering 90% of you won't. Your going to be wasting your money.
This kit is not going to magically turn into a 13" kit either, it doesn't work like that.

But w/e I'd really like to see this go though, could be a lotta brake for the buck IMO, would rather not spend a grand on Wilwood's or Baer's

You don't need a 13" brake kit unless you track the living crap out of your car, and considering 90% of you won't. Your going to be wasting your money.
This kit is not going to magically turn into a 13" kit either, it doesn't work like that.

But w/e I'd really like to see this go though, could be a lotta brake for the buck IMO, would rather not spend a grand on Wilwood's or Baer's

Couldn't agree more, its not really like bigger is necessary better in this case, I would just like a 2 piston kit and be able to rock my stock wheels.

Couldn't agree more, its not really like bigger is necessary better in this case, I would just like a 2 piston kit and be able to rock my stock wheels.

I couldn't agree with you more there!! I love my stock wheels!! I'm not going to track the hell outta the svt so no need for 13'! Other the maybe the bling factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back