• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: 6061 Aluminum Billet Control Arms

absolutely.

solid control arm to maintain use of camber bolts in subframe and an adjustable rear toe arm. . .

billet aluminum . . . anodized . . .

:)

Can you elaborate on the bushings? Will they be included? Are they going to use the factory rubber? How will they be replaced?

Very interested, but after burning through a brand new MOOG control arm in under two years, I'm a little leary of anything that's not easy to replace.

~Mike~

Can you elaborate on the bushings? Will they be included? Are they going to use the factory rubber? How will they be replaced?

Very interested, but after burning through a brand new MOOG control arm in under two years, I'm a little leary of anything that's not easy to replace.

~Mike~
I am waiting on a complete A-Arm to get all my necessary measurements. SVTTOUR is sending me one so as soon as it gets here I will start measuring and have a design within 24hrs.
Chassis bushings will most likely be replaced with off road, high offset heim joints(rod ends), they will probably be included(more price up front, but I don't see why I couldn't offer an option without them, as long as people understand the ones you buy on your own need to be the correct thread and of high quality! (I know it's a duh but I need to make sure everyone understands)
Replacing will be simply unbolting from chassis(2 bolts) unthreading the worn out heim joints(rod ends) replacing to same depth, reinstall into chassis along with 2 securing bolts. done.

If you get the ultra high quality heim joints(rod ends) I don't think you will need to replace them ever, unless you autocross hardcore then maybe you will. I'll have to research that. But that is a good reason to offer the arms w/o joints, so someone can purchase the joint of their specs for the needs in their price range.

I think you have and will have plenty of interest..people are just going to want to see a final product and price before committing

That's what I figured. And if we can get more people, the price will just go down.

I am really excited about these. I've seen images of products the machine shop i'm using produces and am very positive about these arms.

Like I said, just waiting on an arm to get accurate dimensions off of.

You have my interest. Put me on the list....and please go through with this....alot of false hopes in some of these GB's on here I have noticed. I would also like rear control arms in billet too!!

You have my interest. Put me on the list....and please go through with this....alot of false hopes in some of these GB's on here I have noticed. I would also like rear control arms in billet too!!

No I WILL follow through. I am just waiting on some parts.
In the mean time I am searching local machine shops to get more quotes

Oh and once these are sent to be machined I will start on the rears.

1. DocStruthers
2. HotRodV6
3. DanCanuck
4. Chas
5. 79mustang351w
6. :laugh:
7. :shocked:
8. :drool:

Those looks about twice as thick as my Mondeo Touring Car billet A-Arms. Might want to run these through solidworks. Just a heads up.

Those looks about twice as thick as my Mondeo Touring Car billet A-Arms. Might want to run these through solidworks. Just a heads up.
Funny you say that because I have been looking at other designs and was starting to think mine were to beefy.
At the same time wouldn't we rather be to big then to small?

My main concern is the threading for the heim joints on the chassis side. I was looking at stainless helicoils or more likely EZ-Lok inserts.
That is something I want input from the interested parties on!! ?

Also, 2000ZxT can you provide a few photos? If you don't mind.

Thank you all!

put me in on this. if we get ten ppl.(if there is another price break, if not im in either way)

Greatness!

1. DocStruthers
2. HotRodV6
3. DanCanuck
4. Chas
5. 79mustang351w
6. newb
7. :shocked:

We're looking at a LOVELY xmas gift for ourselves aren't we?
haha

Gawd....I hope so....I would love to get some billet arms for xmas!! lol

Since we are on the billet kick....underdrive pullies down the road too!! hehehe

I will put my name down, but it all depends on price and options etc

1. DocStruthers
2. HotRodV6
3. DanCanuck
4. Chas
5. 79mustang351w
6. newb
7. FastFord

sorry rex, I saw the email with the post on my phone at work and forgot to respond on the comp when home.

-3 in front shouldn't even be a problem with these and caster/camber plate strut mounts at top as well.

The problem with adding, or subtracting camber rather, with extending the a arm out is you get little camber with a lot of "extension". . .

I'm sure most understand but for those that don't, look at the photo.

And the more you extend it the less thread is in the arm from the heim joints. which won't be good at a point.

funny you mention this because I am developing caster camber plates that will weld to the top of our towers and give some great options as far as caster/camber go.
It will require some cutting and welding the ones that want it will be the ones that can do the work. I figure. :)

It will basically be a cap to the strut towers with integrated cas/cam adjustments.
I'll try to integrate degree ticks as well, according to the ratio our cars have when the tower is moved of course.

Back