• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

i want to turbo my car

Yeah Jeff, it is a hell of a project!!! I went into it with a complete kit that had EVERYTHING less an upgraded fuel pump and the whole project is still not complete. I can't even fathom the time and effort that the custom guys put in!!

Dont get me wrong it is an amazing leaning experience and the information and knowledge i have gathered to this point has been worth the time and money spent. If you do still plan on going forward I would recommend you read the book Maximum Boost by Corky Bell first. That will give you a good basic understand of a complete turbo application. Once you do that I think you will be able to ask specific enough questions to get the help you are looking for around here.

PS you will not find better help for turboing a contour anywhere else.

thanks adam, ill look into that...

just looking back on the thread ....
(which i hoped would have just died out then realizeing there are only three threads in the forced induction fourm to begin with)

I was to N0obish,, in saying that i wanted to turbo my car..

I just a little fed up with my car not standing up to my friends wrxs and that damn little red colbalt ss..

i wanted a big power boost and i thought i would be able to just to bolt up something to give me just enough boost on a stock block to get me up to par with the other guys.

the cat back and intake aren't doing much anymore, i need to feel more of a difference... and little things like the y pipe opt and the TB opt are things that i can't do by myself ..

(not like i could do a turbo my self, just saying)

some of you have been helpful.. others not so much.. (Captain Stabbin? lol i saw that and was confused)

I'm not breaking up with you.. lol.. i was just a little frustrated with the amount of mockery i received from people who are supposed to lend a helping hand and share a common passion.

(someone better shed a tear after this one)

If you want something that's relatively easy to install, with added power, just go with nitrous. Please please PLEASE read up on it though! Definitely the best bang for the buck available, where as bolt-ons for these cars will give you 2-10hp each.

Mark

P.S. Trubendz is not spelled truebendz ;) (see your sig)

As in BANG your engine will blow up if you do it wrong.

OMG!! F&F!! NAAWWWSSSSS!! Hey Mad Scientest, can you replace the piston rings I just fried from "doing it wrong?"

Seriously, this is the FORCED INDUCTION forum!! There isn't one form of forced induction that WON'T harm your engine if you "do it wrong."

Pugulis, thank you for now making me feel dumber this morning, for reading your post.

Mark

As in BANG your engine will blow up if you do it wrong.

DUDE.JPG

Nitrous is VERY fun. :D

Damn the tards just keep ooooooon coming!

stazi are you calling me a tard? :confused: i certainaly hope not cause what i stated is exactly why engines running nitrous blow up.

that or too big a shot for the engine.

Last edited:
No, its to Pugulis and the thread starter.

if YOU haven't noticed i haven't said anything since finding the answer to my question.

if i could i would have deected the thread all together.

nazi's and dooshs just keep ragging.

(and now i bet you're going to correct my spelling on the word doosh.. sorry you guys have way too much time on your hands)

if YOU haven't noticed i haven't said anything since finding the answer to my question.

if i could i would have deected the thread all together.

nazi's and dooshs just keep ragging.

(and now i bet you're going to correct my spelling on the word doosh.. sorry you guys have way too much time on your hands)

my favorite part of this post is where instead of just fixing his stupid spelling mistake.. He writes something about us being A holes...

He did... originally.

ehh! wrong.. never did.. looked over the whole thread.. not ever did i call anyone an A hole!.

umm "douche".. maybe.. but that was for the reference of spelling nazi's and people who think they know everything and are allowed by CEG LAW to tear the hole out of people who ask innocent questions.

to those who keep coming to this thread to just to pass time.. go to the GD commen interests fourm and start a thread that only allows a one word post..just to get your post count up.. so you can all be cool "hard core CEGers" and "addicted CEGers".. which gives you the right to to be gods and post what ever where ever you want.

to those who keep coming to this thread to just to pass time.. go to the GD commen interests fourm and start a thread that only allows a one word post..just to get your post count up.. so you can all be cool "hard core CEGers" and "addicted CEGers".. which gives you the right to to be gods and post what ever where ever you want.

Has to be over 10 characters, so that would not work.:)
Also CI does not count towards post count.:)

Back