• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

i love this weather!

I've had my windows down as well, and my sun roof open.... In the words of McDonalds.... I'm Love'n it.... Except for I'm trying to drive my car as little as possible because of that awesome shift tower bolt... loveing the weather otherwise though....

No expert on doing the window thing, but if you need a hand thursday afternoon I can help for a little bit... I don't have school so I'm available in the morning, but I have to run to kayser at some point in time on thursday before work, I'm working 4-9pm.

It's not hard Crispy.....you can handle it i'm sure.

~Josh

Nope, only ask for help when I need it... this is something I dont feel comfortable doing, hense the plea for help.

Last thing I did was replace the IMRC, took me 2 hours and I routed the goddamn thing wrong which now prevents me from putting on my CF engine cover. :(

I havent bought any parts yet so no need for help immediately...

If you help me with my windows Pole I might be willing to barter you that rear SVT bumper that was on M!key's car... the shop told me that it looked like it could be repaired cheap as it was just pushed in and not cracked.. I replaced it anyways because I already bought that one from the Ghetto in Milwaukee.

Nope, only ask for help when I need it... this is something I dont feel comfortable doing, hense the plea for help.

Last thing I did was replace the IMRC, took me 2 hours and I routed the goddamn thing wrong which now prevents me from putting on my CF engine cover. :(

I havent bought any parts yet so no need for help immediately...

If you help me with my windows Pole I might be willing to barter you that rear SVT bumper that was on M!key's car... the shop told me that it looked like it could be repaired cheap as it was just pushed in and not cracked.. I replaced it anyways because I already bought that one from the Ghetto in Milwaukee.

Well you know I'm always up for a road trip or you can come down by me we should be able to take care of them in an afternoon. If/when you decide to do it, let me know so i can compose a list of things you'll need

We can fix the IMRC if you want right away.

I can look at it this weekend if you want me to.. there are 2 nylon bolt type things that wear out on the windows sometime.. I had to replace them before.. and the window stayed in the tracks..

not 100% sure on what plans we having going on for the weekend yet - I'll call you Mark if I find the time to look at the car.

I need to change wires this week, the Ford Racing ones took a dump... Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

well scratch that last comment as I blew cylinder 1's spark plug out of the head tonight on the way home from work.. I bought a repair kit tonight from Checker but its certainly something that I dont want to attempt to fix...

This week just has been kicking my ass! :(

Hopefully I can find someone at work who has done one of these repairs... if not, could I limp the car to a shop without a plug and wire attached for Cylinder 1? I limped the car home about 11 miles tonight and basically drove 40 mph scared out of my mind.

I cleared a code for cylinder 2 misfiring as well... hopefully that doesnt mean that cylinder is going to follow cylinder 1's lead

ARGH!

well scratch that last comment as I blew cylinder 1's spark plug out of the head tonight on the way home.. I bought a repair kit tonight from Checker but its certainly something that I dont want to attempt to fix...

This week just has been kicking my ass! :(

Hopefully I can find someone at work who has done one of these repairs... if not, could I limp the car to a shop without a plug and wire attached for Cylinder 1? I limped the car home about 11 miles tonight and basically drove 40 mph scared out of my mind.

I cleared coded for cylinder 2 misfiring as well... hopefully that doesnt mean that cylinder is going to follow cylinder 1's lead

ARGH!

Well I guess it was bad luck for SVT's today.... Check this BS out....

So... this is where I was legally parked on the street..... Impressive huh....
100_2508%20(Large).JPG

And this is the part where some deush bag ruins my day.... 18 wheeler trailer vs. my car parked on the street....
100_2502%20(Large).JPG

He was trying to get into the driveway on the left.... to go to dollar general... 1st try he hit that boulder... with the rear trailer axel... on the second attempt he missed the boulder... but got my car... >:|
100_2498%20(Large).JPG

Lets see.. He got the drivers door, fender, Oh... and a little bit of the front bumper, the badge, and bonus... the mirror!!!
100_2503%20(Large).JPG

The one police officer that witnessed it... thought this would "probably just buff out...." Yeah.... like hell it will dumbass.. it's down past the base coat....
100_2500%20(Large).JPG

Guessing the tire hit it.... idk... you can see though where it rubbed the door ding guard further up than the wave hit...
100_2501%20(Large).JPG

Tragic I know... and you really don't realize how much you use this mirror... until you don't have it... I tried to look into it about 8 times on the way to work... and then realized each time that it wasn't there anymore....
100_2497%20(Large).JPG

Lets review... my legally parked = broken mirror...
100_2493%20(Large).JPG

100_2507%20(Large).JPG

So here's the story to go with this.... The cop was parked on the street while this semi was attempting to get into that drive way to go behind the businesses..... he saw him on the 2nd attempt and heard a "SNAP" he said... and then he heard my car alarm go off.... (I love that thing greatly) when he heard the alarm go off he head a closer look and noticed my mirrior was ripped off.... The driver clamied if he known he would of hit it he would of stopped but he pulled like 100 - 150 yards down the drive to the loading dock and then the cop came and told him he hit my car.... I was at school, was riding home with my roommate and saw a cop parked behind my car, and another one parked in the driveway on the right for our apartment... I'm like WTF are the cops doing by my car.... My roommate get's closer and I see no mirror... and I'm like stop the damn car... wtf is going on.. I'm irate in my mind, but I'm calm on the outside... go through the normal BS an get the report filled out, exchange insurance crap... and basically have a nice day.... so I get to go get a quote for the car this weekend on top of shift tower bolt in the tranny... the crazy thing is that my roommates car also had his mirror taken off in almost the same spot, by another general dollar semi last week.... The cop suggested parking a tad further down the street.... I'm thinking to myself... why the hell should i have to move my car inconvient to me because some idiot can't drive... how about make the damn driveway wider and take out the boulder so truck can make the turn!!! So yeah... my day in a long ntshell.... Yay....

Some more pics... I know.. I took a lot.. but hey... more is better than less in this situation for police report and such... in case I need...

100_2494%20(Large).JPG

100_2495%20(Large).JPG

100_2496%20(Large).JPG

100_2499%20(Large).JPG

100_2504%20(Large).JPG

100_2505%20(Large).JPG

Well I guess it was bad luck for SVT's today.... Check this BS out....

So... this is where I was legally parked on the street..... Impressive huh....

And this is the part where some deush bag ruins my day.... 18 wheeler trailer vs. my car parked on the street....

That would totally ruin my day if that happened to me:mad:, but then again my passenger side mirror is all messed because of some stupid :censored: who decided to run a red light and I had the right of way.:nonono: Sorry about your car man, it seems like some people out there don't have respect anymore. Hope the the company pays for the damages.

that sucks.... sorry!! I'm still pissed about blowing a plug... it seriously had to be a really ****ty day for SVT's yesterday...

I bought a 2nd set of mirrors from ebay so I could take them apart and send them in to get wrapped by Topshop... they are the same color as your car if you cant find another one locally near you.

Once I get my bases back from Topshop then I will have a complete set of mirrors that I dont need anymore.

Wow, that really sucks! I'm guessing you probably take the skirts off for winter? Hope the company owns up to what they did and pays for the repairs.

I detonated the plug... we are going to look inside the chamber and see if the piston blew up as well.. if so I might just sell the car as a shell which wont make me too happy

what irritates me the most is that I just sold all the parts and the 3L I had in my garage a few weeks ago.

I detonated the plug... we are going to look inside the chamber and see if the piston blew up as well.. if so I might just sell the car as a shell which wont make me too happy

When you get a chance shoot me a PM if this is your decision.

hey brad, bring the car to zimbrick! we'll fix 'er up good! and i will get to work on it:laugh:

Chris, I'm sorry to hear that.. If you are going to do the repair at your place, let me know! i'd be interested to see how its done!

Josh.. you have enough contours.. lol.. and what about my suspension???

Kyle.. I got the yellow sway bar bushings.. They should be here next week sometime.. so maybe I'll take the trip to sheboygan next weekend

Last edited:
Hopefully Chris and I will look inside the chamber later this week to see how it looks and decide from there... the shell is dent free and freshly painted so I'd rather not sell unless I have to.

Mikeys old SVT will be coming home later this weekend -- it got a new a new rear bumper and all the dings removed..

we still have to swap the fuel pump and they told me the car was about 2 quarts low on oil? hopefully that was an exhaggeration, I'll have to call Mikey later as I havent driven it yet LOL

Back