• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I love new toys.

That's probably WAY out of my league since I've never done it on these cars.

Now if it were an '85 RX-7...yeah I can do that. :laugh:

:help::shocked::shrug::D

I couldn't resist. :)

I'm not normally a fan of Apple either but I do like my iphone. I haven't used the GPS feature on a trip yet but I'm sure I will in the near future. I have another GPS unit that works just fine and am looking forward to doing a comparison between the two.

the gps is handy but it isn't the same as normal GPS units. it isn't going to tell you where to turn, it shows you as you pass it. but for a general idea its great. but then again you can pay for the gps feature which might be better, I just use google maps.

I'm sure the motor isn't on it's way. Just get new gaskets on the valve covers, upper, lower, EGR, and tb. I'm sure that won't cost much at all. It's a good place to start since I pointed out the leaks. :)

I have a TOM TOM go730,and its treated me great for over a year. I think it has google maps on it also.....haven't checked out all its functions as i only use it when i go to far places.......

I'm sure the motor isn't on it's way. Just get new gaskets on the valve covers, upper, lower, EGR, and tb. I'm sure that won't cost much at all. It's a good place to start since I pointed out the leaks. :)
the mechanics cant find out where the leaks coming from since oils all over the engine...they had to steam wash it so tomm i should find out what the problem is...i got a purrrrrrrrrrrrrrty engine bay now :laugh:

If you still don't get a straight answer from the mechanics and still think it might be the head gasket, we can always do "El Cheapo Head Gasket Test." I think when it comes down to it, we could always round up some CEG'ers for a road trip in my van down to see whats up. I'm always down for a road trip and I'd be glad to give you a hand.

Yeah, I'm game for a road trip...as long as my "less than 18mpg highway" vehicle isn't driving. :laugh:

The van gets between 19 and 24 depending on how I drive it. Most of the time it is closer to 19 if you catch my drift.:laugh: But I'm not as bad as some one I know who made it from Bear Creek to Philly in 1 and a half hours.:crazy:

Glenn, nice CB! Looks very close to my Cobra 29 LTD Classic. That thing has gotten me through some very bad traffic and gotta love knowing where the cops are on the highway before you get near them! I'm going to have to figure a way to mount mine in the car soon, or get a smaller one for under the radio again.

The 25 channel Cobra's are a good deal smaller. That'd fit really good mounted under the radio.

I believe mine is the 40 channel classic. It's probably 8-10 years old. I'm not taking a picture of the whip yet since it's kinda mounted very craptastically. I need to brace the steel piece I used to mount it.

The 25 channel Cobra's are a good deal smaller. That'd fit really good mounted under the radio.

I believe mine is the 40 channel classic. It's probably 8-10 years old. I'm not taking a picture of the whip yet since it's kinda mounted very craptastically. I need to brace the steel piece I used to mount it.

25 channel CB? I have a spare from 1977 that has 22 channels. Not sure if they make CBs with less than the full 40.

My 29 LTD Classic fits perfectly in the radio slot, but it is way too long. I'd probably have to go with the Cobra from Walmart which is 1/4 of the size of mine.

Where did you get your CB? I bought mine 3 years ago at the Petro truck stop by the Avoca airport. I need to get a new antenna though.

25 channel CB? I have a spare from 1977 that has 22 channels. Not sure if they make CBs with less than the full 40.

My 29 LTD Classic fits perfectly in the radio slot, but it is way too long. I'd probably have to go with the Cobra from Walmart which is 1/4 of the size of mine.

Where did you get your CB? I bought mine 3 years ago at the Petro truck stop by the Avoca airport. I need to get a new antenna though.

Yeah, they make a 25 channel, it's about 3 inches shorter in width. The CB I have now was given to me by my father a few weeks back. Since he's not driving trucks anymore he didn't need it.

what do you mean? the I-phone has a GPS chip, it does not need phone service for the GPS to work

I'm not too sure anout the iPhone, but a data connection is needed to download maps and POIs while using GPS on most smart phones. I've never had a gps "signal" where I hadn't cell coverage, so I cannot confirm it. Just what I read :shrug:.

Yeah I love new toys, just picked up one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001314 for $167 with a coupon code from www.gizmodo.com.

Amazing monitor, 1080p and 23" of goodness, it's a beautiful piece of tech, basically a widescreen TV, but the best part is that even though I ordered last friday night, and the packing slip says it shipped from Tennessee, it came on tuesday.:D

EDIT: I forgot to mention they come from Dell Small Business and cost $178 after tax, but I ordered at about 10:30PM and it got here to stroudsburg in 2 business days.

Back