• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I love new toys.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
I have an unhealthy addiction to electronic gizmo's that I don't really need.

Last week I got a new Samsung SGH-A867. Granted it's no iPhone...but I just don't like Apple products anyway. I love it...and can't stop playing with the touch screen.

Today, I traded a working CB radio that I got for free to a friend for a nifty little GPS unit. I can see myself getting new voices for it just so I can have Christopher Walken yelling at me when I don't want to turn around...right James?

It also fits perfectly in the corner of the windshield between the pillar and gauge bezel.

1251088542.jpg

If there was a Duke Nukem voice for a GPS...I'd never get where I wanted to go. He'd just be telling me to eat ???? and die. :laugh:

I have a Tomtom One. Apparently it's the bottom of the line :rolleyes:, but hey, it gets the job done :cool:.

thinking of either getting the Navigon or TomTom app for I-phone.....not sure yet though. I like having an AIO device

I have a Tomtom One. Apparently it's the bottom of the line :rolleyes:, but hey, it gets the job done :cool:.

I have that one too. Did you get any new voices for it? I grabbed a few free ones. I have a really bad impersonation of Cartman and I have Christopher Walken.

Once in a while my TomTom likes to tell me that I am driving across lakes and ponds and through the woods when clearly I am on the road.:laugh:

when I 1st got my GPS, I wanted to go to dads job, of course I know how to get there. but I took the GPS to test it out, gave the the correct directions and everything, until it said make the right and ur at ur destination, the thing is it told me to turm into the driveway after dads job lol!!!!!

And also mine I think is discontinued, cause I don't see it on garmins webste anymore

Last edited:
It's just a cheap Nextar, but it seems to get the job done. It took it about a minute to distinguish my location while I was moving. So it showed me driving diagonally through a creek and a few houses to catch me up to the intersection I was at.

i borrowed a magellan from someone for my trip to indiana to pick up the GTO. it was fantastic. i brought mapquest directions with me "just incase" but would never even taking a glance at them.

I have that one too. Did you get any new voices for it? I grabbed a few free ones. I have a really bad impersonation of Cartman and I have Christopher Walken.

Once in a while my Tomom likes to tell me that I am driving across lakes and ponds and through the woods when clearly I am on the road.:laugh:

Actually I reprogrammed the TomTom to my own voice! It's always fun when my passengers realize it's "me" who's talking :laugh:.

I noticed that the Tomtom sometimes tells me to "take the exit on the right" when the exit is clearly on the left :help:. I think it's sad that we have to not only buy the device, but also buy updates for the maps. NJ is constantly doing construction so the device sometimes has me a little confused from time to time :rolleyes:.

thinking of either getting the Navigon or TomTom app for I-phone.....not sure yet though. I like having an AIO device
I was considering buying a Blackberry in the not so near future, so snagging the Garmin or Tomtom app would be nice. However, if you're in an area with little or no coverage, you're AIO would be useless :blackeye:. It's a tough call actually.

I was considering buying a Blackberry in the not so near future, so snagging the Garmin or Tomtom app would be nice. However, if you're in an area with little or no coverage, you're AIO would be useless :blackeye:. It's a tough call actually.

what do you mean? the I-phone has a GPS chip, it does not need phone service for the GPS to work

I have an unhealthy addiction and can't stop playing with it.

:help::shocked::shrug::D

I couldn't resist. :)

I'm not normally a fan of Apple either but I do like my iphone. I haven't used the GPS feature on a trip yet but I'm sure I will in the near future. I have another GPS unit that works just fine and am looking forward to doing a comparison between the two.

Back