• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I grow bored of MD..

This weekend coming up I am being flown out for a second interview. Flown you ask? Yes the Job is in Cali, dare i leave the right coast for the wrong coast?

fixt ;) and my answer to you is NO!
seriously though, good luck to ya.
Do what you gotta do to take care of you.
(oh man that rhymes which makes it lame, sorry)

This weekend coming up I am being flown out for a second interview. Flown you ask? Yes the Job is in Cali, dare i leave the right coast for the left coast?

More after this commercial break.

Sounds like what my dad did last year at this time of the year. Flew out for an interview in February, then was out there at the end of June starting his new job. Him and my brother drove across the country in 2 and a quarter days with stopping over night.

Good luck with the interview.

Well Brett, what's the word?
How did the second interview go?

I just got home a couple hours ago and i got a txt from a friend who got me the interview to say that they are going to offer me the job before the weeks out. They are trying to figure out relocation assistance right now but he said the jobs mine.

Still not sure if I want to move all the way to Cali though but the job was pretty cool lots of room to grow, company never been more profitable then in this recession and its back to IT which i love doing...

If it was here in MD it would be a no brainer...

Congrats Brett!
You do have a lot to think about. Nice weather, no snow...
If you need a car-sitter, I'd be glad to cruise in that cool VW of yours, I mean keep an eye on it for you. ;)
Keep us posted.

Thanks all for the congrats.... I am still waiting for a formal offer from the company but they are negotiating the reloaction help right now (internally, I have a good friend on the inside).

It is alot to think about, right now this job is def winning over my current, like i said if it was in MD I would have already quit my job and begged to start ASAP. Just soooo far.

About car sitting... I just put the summer wheels back on and we are going to play with the suspension tonight cause i feel it raised it too high... Saying that last night i got stuck on a slightly raised man hole cover and it almost ripped off my bumper.... LoL

What do you think? Lower still?
3346969181_bf8cd43f10_b.jpg

Custom rear valance is being finished and should be painted by end of next week!

I think with the rear valance going on it'll look perfect. The only reason I could warrant going lower is the fact that the rear bumper isn't as..."thick" as the front. Once the valance is on though, I think you'll be set.

And you better be getting a roof rack with a keg on it.

congratulations! You're lucky to find something so good in this economy.

As for the VW .. IMO, the wheel gap should be even all around the tire for the car to look good. Yours is already too low, the gap is almost nonexistent at the top of the tire and too wide along the sides. So I vote raise it, not lower it :p

A formal congrats to you!

I like the VW the way it is. :drool: If anything raise it up just a bit.

LOL!
You're doing what you think is best. Just remember, you still belong in the north east with us.
Now, drive that VW up here so I can play. :)

Back