• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got 4 laps!

I haven't torn it down I've been thinking about it but just haven't done it with this thread popping up I just might this weekend.

Theres a fair amount of pics in this thread
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?74196-Coug-misc-build-thread&highlight=

As for measurements, what should I measure? lol

I should really take them over to the best race car fabricator here in town that I met a couple months ago, he does amazing work but not for cheap so I would guess he would be in the $1000 range as well. I would be all for getting them replicated, one of these days I want to get the dents removed from mine. I have said it before, if someone has the means to replicate them I am willing to send them off to someone I can trust to send me a set back. They are off the car right now but probably not for long.

This is 1-6 left to right rod side it on the ground cap side is in the cap. except for cyl #2....

As you can see #2 is the one that spun hard to believe it melted together after only a mile..... I'm really curious as to why it's always cyl #2 this is the third confimed time that I personally have had Cyl #2 spin its bearing. The other 2 engines I've had in this car were never torn down one of them being the stocker so I just figured old age all the other engines that have been in this car were 3L ranging from 18K miles on them to 150K miles on them before they failed.

Back