• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Howdy all From central KS

Sorry I have not been around we had a lot of car problems hers alt went out in my SVT . Wife lost a shift sensor in her auto trany in the tahoe. Then I was backing a tailor up and hit a chunk of wood tore my exhaust system out and my 1 rear shock and hanger in my 4x4 Z71. so Saturday the wife and I went out and picked up a new ford supercrew Lariot F150. Now waiting for it to dry out so I can finish my contour up what a pain to change a alternator out

alternator... *shakes head* that sucks! i had to time the engine in the car cause i messed it up the first time :troutslap: it is not a fun task.

Tom, this is why we are waiting until I get enough money to get one. I'm not going through that headache.

Glad to see another KS guy. How far is Fredrick from Lawrence, KS?

Wife lost a shift sensor in her auto trany in the tahoe. Then I was backing a tailor up and hit a chunk of wood tore my exhaust system out and my 1 rear shock and hanger in my 4x4 Z71. so Saturday the wife and I went out and picked up a new ford supercrew Lariot F150.

I was looking at the new F350 4x4 diesel supercrew Lariat's in McPherson last Sunday, and Ford's pretty proud of 'em. $50,000+. Evidently, the EPA doesn't require mileage labeling on pickups, since every pickup there had a statement that mileage ratings were not required to be posted. Not that I was in the market for one, but just doing my new car prowling while there were no salesmen to harass me.

Hay 99 RED CSVT what all do you have left to finish your SVT

Get the alternator to put on outside of the car. Get the alignment shaft off the 3L so the tranny will bolt up. Drop motor into car. Plug in and attach everything. Get Joey's fuel rail mod. And FIRE her up. Tom (kscontourkid) and myself are going to attempt to have it all done by Monday. I just hope I can get by until i have enough to get a LSD. So i'll be gentle.:laugh:

Wife and I looked at the F350 4x4 diesel supercrew Lariat's in McPherson last Sunday as well then went to Hutchinson and picked out the F150 supercrew Lariat with the 5.4 a little easer on the pocket book. so far I am getting 18 hwy wife gets 20 hwy go figure haha

Last edited:
Wife and I looked at the F350 4x4 diesel supercrew Lariat's in McPherson last Sunday as well then went to Hutchinson and picked out the F150 supercrew Lariat with the 5.4 a little easer on the pocket book. so far I am getting 18 hwy wife gets 20 hwy go figure haha

18-20 MPG isn't bad at all for the size of that rig! The last pickup I drove extensively was a '91 Chevy S10 4x4 extended cab with the 4.3 L engine, which I used to commute to work 140 miles daily, and even with all Interstate miles running on the cruise control, I could never top 18 MPG with that thing.

18-20 MPG isn't bad at all for the size of that rig! The last pickup I drove extensively was a '91 Chevy S10 4x4 extended cab with the 4.3 L engine, which I used to commute to work 140 miles daily, and even with all Interstate miles running on the cruise control, I could never top 18 MPG with that thing.

Yeah, the gear ratio in the S10's are not made for the highway. I had one and at 70mph the rpms were pretty high. They really needed to make a 6th gear.(I had a 5-speed)

i had to replace the alternator in mine also so i got an upgraded one for my stero so i dont have to do it another time

Where can you find an upgraded alternator? all the ones i've looked at have been just OEM replacements...though it seems like it might be hard to get an upgraded one anyways cause from what I hear the SVT alts are pretty built.

Back