• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID kit $205 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats fine, but relays are cheap. I mean 5 bucks canadian will get you two at canadian tire. I have the wiring diagrams if anybody wants. But actually I am going to shut up now because I think i'm stirring the pot to much.

That's because just about everything he said was already covered in previous pages. As I stated in earlier pages, there are cheaper kits out there, if you want cheaper have at it. Cliff has pictures of tested and dissected ballasts from Klight, Phillips, etc that were tried before this particular unit was selected. The product in this buy was determined to be the best for the money. So far I have not heard that anyone has been disappointed or has buyer's remorse.

A lot of people don't know this, but, you are suppose to put your ballast on a relay. That way you don't chance a spike from the circuity of your oem wiring harness. Quite a few HID kits come back to the shop because some guy just "hooked" them up. Also another thing, you aren't suppose to turn on and then off your HID's three (3) times within and hour. Its electrically really hard on the ballast and the bulbs. If you do these two things, you can make your kit last for the entire 2000 hours as they are rated.

blah blah blah...again, i had a cheap japanese brand on the car for several years and never had a problem. I dunno about the relay...if mine came with it or not. i know i had to change the fuses for the headlights but that's it.

but as far as not turning them on and off 3 times in an hour - BS. What if you're out shopping going from store to store?? What, you can only go to places or else risk burning out your headlights? ? puhleese! Just look at how many cars are driving around with hids! you think they all follow stupid rules like that??

EDIT: not to mention when the car got hit the headlights got smashed and the bulbs were exposed to the elements for who knows how long - and they still work!

i'm all for taking care of stuff, but lets be realistic here.

yamaha racer, I don't know about those bags...a little moisture gets in there and it's just going to sit in it's own condensation. all the boxes should be sealed already and connections are weather tight...i wouldn't worry. you might create other problems down the road doing that if water gets in there and the compaonents sit in it. just mount the parts up high in the engine bay and they'll be fine.

Last edited:
Well the buy is almost over and it has been a success. Thanks to everyone who participated. Are there enough people out there interested in this product to extend the end date of this? I've received a few emails about it but I'm looking for a general concensus.

Well the buy is almost over and it has been a success. Thanks to everyone who participated. Are there enough people out there interested in this product to extend the end date of this? I've received a few emails about it but I'm looking for a general concensus.

PLEASE EXTEND!!!!!!!!!!! i need to pay rent and i can't afford both but i want HID so badly :cry:

Yeah - I'mtotally going to order a set of these next month for sure, probably in the next 2 weeks. Please extend this, you have gotten tons of buisness and I'm sure it will continue to grow.

Cliff has agreed to extend this buy through June. Thanks to everyone.

On a side note he just received some 893 bulbs that are supposed to fit in the fog lights. Not sure that there would be any interest for these but he says he just got them in.

Dont know much

Dont know much

about HIDs. So if someone could give a quick explanation on how they work that would be awesome.(Thanks ahead of time) Whats the difference between the 4300 and the 8000, other than the fact that their whiter? Their no more expensive so thats why i wondered. I would be up for buying some though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back