• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID headlights

They did flicker a tad but barely noticable,i bought a relay for it but never installed it,but my csvt headlights flicker with the stock ones, im hoping when i put hids and a relay kit it will help out the stock flickering

They did flicker a tad but barely noticable,i bought a relay for it but never installed it,but my csvt headlights flicker with the stock ones, im hoping when i put hids and a relay kit it will help out the stock flickering

The headlights on my CSVT flicker as well, it's because of the actual headlight though. The mounting tabs that are attatched to the headlights are mostly broken off. I already ordered some new headlights, so I should be good to go in that regard.

I bought the slim ballast HID kit from DDM Tuning for my low beams and foglights, $45 per kit isn't too bad a price for a kit that comes with a lifetime warranty from a company with a good reputation. It's worth the extra $10 in my book.

I'm running the DDM tuning Raptor kits in my headlights and foglights. I wouldn't hesitate to run an eBay kit either. They all come from China anyway.

oh boy...the relay sure makes a hell of a big difference! mine got significantly brighter and they just overall worked better. i highly recommend adding a relay.

you can buy a kit.or do it yourself.

all it does is get power directly from the positive on the battery and the negative from the chassis to each HID bulb. so when u turn on your headlights it has direct power from the battery, not having for it to go all the way through the wiring harness and the switch

i saw a diagram somewhere today just cant remember where now. but it showed going from the battery to the ballast then from the ballast to the bulbs. is that how they normally run.

no. they normally just plug into the original plug for the headlights. if it connects to the battery it could be a relay diagram

Mine is a plug and play relay kit for 6000k cost me 8 bucks shipped,all my lights do a flicker even my gauge cluster i guess i have a crappy reman alternator lol,i hope when i use hid and relay it will at the least help my headlights to stop mini strobing lol since hid uses less power

ok i dont need new bulbs, they both work but they flick on & off. i notice that the ballast is not mounted. will mounting them fix the cutting out & flickering or do i need to put a relay in

im not sure what brand they are, its what was in the car. but they both worked then another time i tried only 1 worked turned them off & back on then the other 1 worked, & i notice they kinda flicker a lil bit to. even with the car parked

Yea when i had metal ballasts like that id turn them on and only 1 would come on then i turn them off and on then they both turned on and flickered then when it rained water got on it and started blowing fuses so i just bought the slim black ballast with the block square thing in the wire like the pic i posted and it didnt flicker and never failed in the hard rain days lol.

Ya then i think i will hav 2 order those then cuz i dont wnt to be dealing with them cutting out n flickering

Before you buy search through the YouTube videos to see wich brands flicker the most, and as for the metal ballast I'm pretty sure they have a water protective sealer on the inside so don't necessarily need to buy the slim kit wich is a bit more expensive.

Back