• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID headlights

double_u_4

Veteran CEG'er
hey another thing i was wondering was with the HID's can i use any HID replacement bulb or do i need the specific brand as the HID conversion.

ok just as long as its the correct fitment. also do they sell them & like autozone or any parts stores or do i need to order them off line

Surprisingly, I've never seen HID bulbs at any local auto parts stores. I'd just buy them through eBay if I needed a replacement.

r these what i need? i saw some that look like just the regular headlight bulbs or if some 1 can send me a link to what i need i would appriciate it. i have the ballast box & everything just need a bulb
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1000...sories&fits=Model:Contour&hash=item2567457aa8http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xeno...sories&fits=Model:Contour&hash=item35b4df789a
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-Pa...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0db4b185

also if so, y are they like $10-20 on ebay & i asked the autozone by me today & he told me they can order them but they are like $100 a bulb. & is that cap around the bulb come off?

$100 a bulb? That's stupid. You could buy 3 or 4 complete HID kits for that money.

Those links look correct, however I would suggest running 5000k bulbs instead of 10,000k bulbs.

Yes the cap over the bulbs comes off. It's just for protection during shipping and handling.

ya thats what i was thinking too. a lil much compared to what i was seeing on ebay. thats also y i wanted to make sure i was looking @ the rite 1s. ya i wasnt planning on the 10000k i was looking more towards the 6000k or mayb the 8000k. is the higher number the more blueier the light is?

ya thats what i was thinking too. a lil much compared to what i was seeing on ebay. thats also y i wanted to make sure i was looking @ the wrie 1s. ya i wasnt planning on the 10000k i was looking more towards the 6000k or mayb the 8000k. is the higher number the more blueier the light is?

When you go above about 4300k, you start to add blue but you loose candle-power.

I bought cheap ebay zentec slim ballasts and some cheap 6000k hid bulds lasted a year on my civic and still going when i sold it its the black plastic ballasts they arer better than those metal ballasts imo i had problems with the metal ballasts

what do u mean by the plastic or metal ballists. these were the 1s i was planning on getting. or mayb the 6000k. are these any good, if anybody knows any better 1s please let me know

Don't get those cheap xentec ones on eBay! Order your hid's from ddm tuning lifetime warranty and zero complaints....I tried xentec they only offer 1 year warranty and are crap!

Don't get those cheap xentec ones on eBay! Order your hid's from ddm tuning lifetime warranty and zero complaints....I tried xentec they only offer 1 year warranty and are crap!

i got some of those for my parents Mercedes and i cant complain for the price. 35 bucks and they work great. theyre even brighter then mine on my coug and those were around 30 bucks.mine do have the ••••ty huge metal ballasts and theyre still running strong 1.5 years later. id def prefer the xentec ones over mine. the price beats it all

images..jpeg
Mine looked like these they have a little fuSe or something on one of the lines these were great for me and were bright as my friends 100 dollar kit

I agree my xentec slim ballasts were great i should have pulled them off the car when i sold it.....water splashed on my metal ones and they fried out lol.....the slimballasts were sealed better i got my kit from proxenonstore on ebay he is a good seller and shipped them quick for me

i got some of those for my parents Mercedes and i cant complain for the price. 35 bucks and they work great. theyre even brighter then mine on my coug and those were around 30 bucks.mine do have the ••••ty huge metal ballasts and theyre still running strong 1.5 years later. id def prefer the xentec ones over mine. the price beats it all

Yes they are bright but have you noticed any of the light shaking? I got the ones with the metal ballast as well but for warranty you can get the ddm raptor kit for that price plus shipping and you never have to worry about purchasing another one :shrug:

my light never shakes. its usually the whole headlight which isnt mounted tightly. also the Xentec ballasts fit right inside the headlight so i didn't even have to worry about the wiring. i like that alot. mine sometimes flick off and i have to re-turn on my headlight but its happened since the beginning and if they go out ill probably go with the Xentec ones. or maybe a little more pricey. its pretty much about the quality for the great price

my light never shakes. its usually the whole headlight which isnt mounted tightly. also the Xentec ballasts fit right inside the headlight so i didn't even have to worry about the wiring. i like that alot. mine sometimes flick off and i have to re-turn on my headlight but its happened since the beginning and if they go out ill probably go with the Xentec ones. or maybe a little more pricey. its pretty much about the quality for the great price

So what kit do you have? I thought you had xentec from the begining...the xentec I bought are on my dads truck but if you look closely you can see them flicker (looks like shaking) thus making xentec crap to me

check the headlight or the bulb to be snug. also the connections make the light flicker. so check them.

i forgot the brand mine are. i got it over 1.5 years ago and it was 30 bucks on ebay. with the huge metal ballasts.

the xentec kit i got for my parents car(as i stated from my first post)

check the headlight or the bulb to be snug. also the connections make the light flicker. so check them.

i forgot the brand mine are. i got it over 1.5 years ago and it was 30 bucks on ebay. with the huge metal ballasts.

the xentec kit i got for my parents car(as i stated from my first post)

I done troubleshooted on the xentec kit its a faulty ballast, I just didn't wanna spend the cash to send them back. But still I would spend the extra $10-$15 shipping to get something with a lifetime warranty my .02 cents

Edit: the xentec still work they just flicker a tad bit (its annoying)

Back