• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help with installing headers

alright well do you have the tools to do this i dont have great amounts here at my moms..much more at my fathers but thats in new york. just let me know if you can if not no big deal. ill post pone it some more lol. doesnt bother me

hmmmm not sure if I would have all that we need either. I plan on getting some soon, when I do and get them on I can better help you lol unless you want to take a road trip down here between the bunch of us in the area we can get it done im sure!

I could drive to Trey's & bring my tools! I've got everything we need & I've done this two or three times. Treys hous is halfway to your house bud & I hadn't posted b/c I was not willing to drive that far for free.

We will need a good floor jack & jack stands & trhlz1222 will need to get there early to let the car cool. look for at least 6 hours of steady work.
For the record I said I'd never put headers on one of these againw/ the engine still in it. You guys are making me into a liar. :)

For the record do you have weapon R's or MSDS.

Trey if this goes through send me a text or call me tomorrow sometime so I can plan for Sat.
I will try to check in here but I'm old & I forget stuff!

Last edited:
so to make it work you want me to drive to tennessee? and the headers are nautilus without the mils cause i havent gotten a response from a nautilus employee yet about their mils.

If your talking this weekend I might be able to swing it. I have to work tomorrow but I'm off sat-sun. Just have to see if I can get away or not

You have to see if Trey would want to host a last minute mod meet. Waqit for him to post up or I'll try to get in touch w/ him.

I talked to Trey & he said that it was cool. Let us know if you are coming. We want to get started pretty early so try to get there as early as possible. Shoot for around 8am & when we get through we might get into something. I'm bringing tools Trey has a jack & stands. Dude i'm sure you have gaskets but make sure you don't need anything else, I don't think you do unless you want to drop the radiator, which is not necessary but it makes things easier.

Alright everyone one day notice mod meet at Treys crib If this guy is up for it I'll be there but I need confirmation as soon as possible. everyone clear your schedule & be there.

i cant come out saturday. gotta help my mom put up a shed in the back yard. can you do it sunday? and if its in loudon tn thats 6 hours from me. any hotels or anything around there so i aint gotta leave at 2 or 3 in the morning?

i cant come out saturday. gotta help my mom put up a shed in the back yard. can you do it sunday? and if its in loudon tn thats 6 hours from me. any hotels or anything around there so i aint gotta leave at 2 or 3 in the morning?
Ya im about 6 hrs from you. address is 312 Angel Row Loudon tn 37774 There are hotels in the area but IDK if OB1 can come sunday or not. He works 3rd shift and I think he has to be at work sunday night

Must be fate b/c I have to go back to 2nd shift monday so I'm free Sunday if you guys want to we can do it I guess. I had plans for Sunday but I can rearrange.

You are also going to need 2 bolts for the rear header. The stock manifolds have studs included but the headers are going to need a bolt & a nut & a couple of washers.

ok then it is open for whatever you guys want to do! somebody say the word and let me know lol!

what kind of bolts?

Just bolts IDK the exact size but we can pick some up at a local place sunday.

Just let us know for sure what you are going to do man so we can plan accordingly. How about a phone number or sumthin. you got aim me & trey are on there chatting now!

Last edited:
Back