• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help with installing headers

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
ive had my headers sitting in my garage for about three months now. i have this next weekend off of school and i have monday and tuesday off too. wondering if anyone around the cary area would be willing to give a hand or have any places that can do it for cheap

cary as in NC? I'd have to see how far of a trip it would be for me but I might be able to come by and try to lend a hand:shrug:

I just drove to Asheville today to trade some car audio stuff lol. Na I have some buddies that live in cary that keep telling me to come down there so I might do it:shrug:

yea cary north carolina. the town is called holly springs. its about ten minutes from cary. i got the gaskets and the headers. but no mil eliminators cause the site for them doesnt work and i dont wanna make one. i dont have a lift ethier just jack stands thats another reason i was wondering if there was any cheap place it could be done

let me call my buddies from there and see if they know anybody that could do it cheap for ya.

Seems to me this is a great opportunity for an NC mod meet. A group of you guys should be able to pull those manifolds & install the header set in 1/2 a day, AND have a few laughs along the way.

these guys probably all have atleast 5 years off knowing how to work on this car then i do. just got it last december. too nervous to tackle it by myself cause i need it to get back to school

Anybody willing to help if he drive to you?? Maybe set up a centralized mod meet weekend. Get together Friday night & first thing Saturday, mod away when the engines are cool, then drive around when done.

Header install for trhlz1222, knauberize for somebody else, maybe some eyelids or suspension swap??

Make a weekend of it! Who wants to host?

If your talking this weekend I might be able to swing it. I have to work tomorrow but I'm off sat-sun. Just have to see if I can get away or not

Back