• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

help not running

royalblue - any updates?
I have exactly the same problem with my '95.
I pulled the engine to replace all the gaskets and seals. After I put it all back together it started but ran very rough. I checked a bunch of things and found the coil pack was bad. I replaced that with a new-looking used unit from my other car. When I turned the key I could hear the fuel pump pressure up the system and stop (normal) but no start. Since then nothing. The battery cranks the engine over but no fuel and no spark. Computer is obviously seeing something it doesn't like but I don't know what it is.

royalblue - any updates?
I have exactly the same problem with my '95.
I pulled the engine to replace all the gaskets and seals. After I put it all back together it started but ran very rough. I checked a bunch of things and found the coil pack was bad. I replaced that with a new-looking used unit from my other car. When I turned the key I could hear the fuel pump pressure up the system and stop (normal) but no start. Since then nothing. The battery cranks the engine over but no fuel and no spark. Computer is obviously seeing something it doesn't like but I don't know what it is.
Sorry no ,I'm at a loose as to what to do They claim to be trying but ? I don't really want to bring a law suit to them but ?

LATE BREAKING NEWS ,IT RUNS!!!!!! . I still need to get a new battery(they killed it) and do some other small repairs such as the coolant gauge is still pegged to the hot side ?? .Damn that shop was a hack joint . more details and pics as they become available , but for know it looks like the wiring going to the coil pack shorted out causing the maxi fuse to blow .

I believe the temp gauge will peg when it isn't connected to a ground, or if its not connected at all.

thank you ,could you provide the location of the sensor ? with a picture would be awesome

there are two. they are on the cross over tube that is between the heads just under the TB.

The one for the dash cluster in straight under the TB.

there are two. they are on the cross over tube that is between the heads just under the TB.

The one for the dash cluster in straight under the TB.

thanks for the reply I'll take a look ,I assume you mean throttle body

Back