• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Heatshield Group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what its worth to those that are on the edge:

I understand wanting to see a finished product, and do not blame anyone at all. You should expect the finished product to look better then the ones I have posted. Since Ive been taking too long on this (in my opinion) no matter if it was my fault or not, I talked with the shop and these will most likley be tac welded instead of riveted which will be more aesthetically pleasing.

I should also mention that this sheild will be available at other times, but the price will go up significantly, to probably around 75 or 90. Thats not to say that another GB couldnt be organized, I just dont think I will do it. After this, another CEG'er will have to organize it, and purchase from me like I were a retailer :)

On a serious note. Despite the 1st one coming out a tad fudged, I do believe that when these do come out they are going to look amazing based on how Pudmunkie is making sure the demensions are perfect and as nice the original one.

EXACTLY! Pudmunkie rejecting the first made piece, should be verification for those who think he will accept a `less than par` piece for us. It wasn't done perfectly, so it was rejected, and until a good piece to his specs are produced, he won't let them start mass-producing (aka 20-30). I don't doubt the quality of this what-so-ever.

whoops, me bad, I had no idea this had progressed to the payment part.

please re-add me to the list and a deposit will be posted in 5 minutes.

[edit: sent]

Will you be able to get me a picture of the space between the battery box and the heatshield? I need to know how much room I have before I commit to buying this. Take a picture of the prototype and that will be fine as long as it is not significantly different than the finished product (fitment wise). I don't care if it is welded instead of rivited.

Could someone post a link to a photo of the heatshield? Is their even one?

Cheers

DSC00944.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01750.jpg

1. Posthuman63t - Deposit
2. Enigma11211 - Paid in full
3. Iluvmytour - Deposit
4. TourDeForce - Deposit
5. Dmitri - Deposit
6. 1314 - Deposit
7. Gooserex - Deposit
8. Harrry - Deposit
9. 00 SVEET - Deposit
10. Northernmystique - Paid in full
11. 111R - Paid in full
12. Kremithefrog - Paid in full
13. Wa2tuff - Paid in full
14. jefftourCT - Paid in full
15. Big daddy Kane - Deposit
16. CSVT1214 - Deposit x 2
17. Morbid - Paid in full
18. hetfield - Deposit
19. sonza68 - Deposit
20. PDXSVT - Paid in full
21. Sprebound - Deposit
22. Dino (forum name?) - Paid in full
23. Ooklah - Deposit
24. cuda06 -Deposit
25. Mark - Paid in full
26. Justin - Paid in full
27. Bensenvill - Deposit

Can't wait to get mine. Thanks for all your efforts Pudmunkie.

Group Buys are a tough thing to do and takes a lot of work to keep everyone happy. :eek:

Full Payment sent....

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago in PMs, I was on vacation last week and waited to send money until I got back. I didn't want the package sitting out on my front porch while I was out of town just in case it got done quickly.

1. Posthuman63t - Deposit
2. Enigma11211 - Paid in full
3. Iluvmytour - Deposit
4. TourDeForce - Deposit
5. Dmitri - Deposit
6. 1314 - Deposit
7. Gooserex - Deposit
8. Harrry - Deposit
9. 00 SVEET - Deposit
10. Northernmystique - Paid in full
11. 111R - Paid in full
12. Kremithefrog - Paid in full
13. Wa2tuff - Paid in full
14. jefftourCT - Paid in full
15. Big daddy Kane - Deposit
16. CSVT1214 - Deposit x 2
17. Morbid - Paid in full
18. hetfield - Deposit
19. sonza68 - Deposit
20. PDXSVT - Paid in full
21. Sprebound - Deposit
22. Dino (forum name?) - Paid in full
23. Ooklah - Deposit
24. cuda06 -Deposit
25. Mark - Paid in full
26. Justin - Paid in full
27. Bensenvill - Deposit
28. SoundQ SVT - Paid in full
29. RandyCSVT - Deposit
30. Hennessy - Paid in full

Last edited:
EXACTLY! Pudmunkie rejecting the first made piece, should be verification for those who think he will accept a `less than par` piece for us. It wasn't done perfectly, so it was rejected, and until a good piece to his specs are produced, he won't let them start mass-producing (aka 20-30). I don't doubt the quality of this what-so-ever.

i am glad pudmunkie rejected the first heatshield aswell. i was pretty horny about getting my gauge pod and probably sent too many emails wondering what the hold up was. when i finally had the pod in i was like wow this is the highest quality pod i could have possibly imagined; not to mention the price was more then reasonable.

thanks again for keeping me posted.

-a

ps: for mine you can give me one that will hit the battery (if that is a actual flaw) because my battery will be in the trunk

ps: for mine you can give me one that will hit the battery (if that is a actual flaw) because my battery will be in the trunk

I would actually want one like that. I'm still holding out cause I want to see how close to the batter they will go. The KKM's go really close to the battery, so it won't fit if the heatshield fits 2 inches away from it.

David

I would actually want one like that. I'm still holding out cause I want to see how close to the batter they will go. The KKM's go really close to the battery, so it won't fit if the heatshield fits 2 inches away from it.

David

yea. very good point.. I have been paid in full for a while, I know you're doing everything in your power..

just hope they are kkm friendly

FWIW, I posted an interest when the first post came out but I'm still trying to justify an open element system vs. my SVT intake as far as performance and filtering capacity. Yeah, they look neat but are they really worth it? I might still buy a heatshield in case I finally decide to go open element but at this time, I don't think it's in the overall plan.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back