• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Heatshield Group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home and it was sitting on my desk. Wife asked about it and I realized that I forgot to tell her :shrug: .

Thanks a lot. It looks really great. Don't know when I'll get to put it in, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I just hope it doesn't sit in the garage along with the pulleys and sway bar that I haven't installed in years :blackeye: .

Hey Pud... this just occurred to me. What's the size of the MAF adapter hole? The reason I ask is that it seems most people here are running the (too small) BAT MAF adapter, while the appropriately sized Mirko & KKM MAF adapters are much larger (supposedly the KKM has the same dimensions of the Mirko, but this has not yet been confirmed).

Outter diameters of the air filter mount
BAT: 84.94mm
Mirko: 91.58mm

Last edited:
Ive got KKM, so its set up for a KKM. If bat is smaller, then its fine. It should fit all 3 fine!:)

no but if u have a pro-m meter, you have to cut the heatshield to make this fit.

I had to cut 1.5 inchs off the end of the shield to make it fit with my pro-m and KKM.

Oh well looks really good. Also it fits soo snug against the hood. When i pop my hood it leaves imprints on my insulation.

damn good job Puddy!!!!!

I'm assuming you had to trim the length... not the bore? I didn't even think about that.... my GMS maf is also about 1-1/2" longer than the OEM maf. I'll just have to shorten my intake tube then :)

This appears to be one of the only modifications people have had to make. I know Bensen did because its going to a cougar.

I built the box for a stock MAF position, not an overly hard fix

This appears to be one of the only modifications people have had to make. I know Bensen did because its going to a cougar.

I built the box for a stock MAF position, not an overly hard fix

mine being a cougar shouldnt make any difference whatsoever. I'm sure others will have the same issue [my bat intake tube is simply too long]... I only mentioned it because its going to require more than a 5 minute visit to my winter storage parking and more than just a screwdriver. I agree its an easy fix and a really great part.

Trim got here,

Going to take me awhile to put this **** on. Sorry for the crappy picture!

DSC02011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back