• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Heatshield Group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Pud... could you please send me the tracking #... or at least let me know when it's received? I need to pick it up as soon as it's received.... I'm paranoid about people in that shop not being nice to the package. Thanks!

Got it yesterday. It looks really good, definitely professional quality. I am so glad to jump on this GB on the last minute. I haven't got time to put it on though, but it looks really really great! :drool:

Thanks for a nice job well done!

Got mine... looks great! Thanks Pud!!

Oh... after driving for a while, the aluminum was only barely hot... mostly on the firewall side. My old Rubbermaid h/s used to nearly burn me.

I'm having problems getting the intake tube angled enough to allow the h/s to lay flat. I think I can get it.... it'll just take time and another section of silicon tube :)

Some set ups have issues with it sitting completley flush.

What I did was loosen all the clamps, and get it as broad of an angle as possible then tighten everything up.

Kremit did you ever get your issue resolved? you never posted again.

Oh... after driving for a while, the aluminum was only barely hot... mostly on the firewall side. My old Rubbermaid h/s used to nearly burn me.

I told everyone aluminum was a better choice than plastic. I said it from the start :)

I tried to put it in during my lunch break and I couldn't seem to get it to sit flush either. It was hitting the motor mount and sitting too high for the hood to close on it. I don't know if it is because I have the OEM CF hood, or if I am not doing it right?

Need to make sure everything is out from under it, there were some plastic clips on mine that i got rid of...

I dont know how it could hit the motor mount....

Ive installed these on two cars, my own and aarons. I had assumed these would fit everyone elses like a glove. Im finding out just like Livinsvt did with the CF hoods that all contours are different.

I only hope everyone can get them to fit, I dont see why its not possible.

Last edited:
I cut the ends of my silicone hose at angles, so the MAF is lower and your h/s is now flush with the fender. The skirt on the h/s hits the top of the trans mount on mine too, but my mount cap is a little higher than oem.

Good timing for this! When messing with the intake tube, I noticed that my rear valve cover tube had melted on the EGR and was severed.

SPGVT You have a PM

I also need Dino Macri (I dont have your forum name!) to PM me to revise your shipping address.

All Heatshields are on the way. EXCEPT FOR KANE! Kane You know ive got you covered, just give me a bit extra to ship to your APO. Simon and Dino, I sent your packages out today. If they dont get to you in a week (maybe two since you're in canada) let me know, there might still hav ebeen some confusion on the adresses.

I thank everyone for being patient and putting up with the long wait. If I hadnt gone back to school they would have been done earlier.

I have 4 "extras" that will be going into the classifieds....

All Heatshields are on the way. EXCEPT FOR KANE! Kane You know ive got you covered, just give me a bit extra to ship to your APO. Simon and Dino, I sent your packages out today. If they dont get to you in a week (maybe two since you're in canada) let me know, there might still hav ebeen some confusion on the adresses.

I thank everyone for being patient and putting up with the long wait. If I hadnt gone back to school they would have been done earlier.

I have 4 "extras" that will be going into the classifieds....

where is my damn trim ..... hmmmm......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back