• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Headlight Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jareds-----
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

'Bomb-
My restoration service is aimed more towards the local people (Ne, and otherNortheastern states), where shipping wouldn't be a concern. Also, I could look at/ diagnose the lenses in person, so they know that they are getting an honest prognosis.:shrug:

do you garauntee the hitowers not to leak afterwards im interested in a set

Since I am only one person, and the whole process is done by hand, I unfortunately cannot guarantee them.

I'd like to get a lsit going for the first 3 customers. I will only be taking orders 3-at-a-time becuase of my budget, time, and personnel (only one) constraints.

Since I am only one person, and the whole process is done by hand, I unfortunately cannot guarantee them.

I'd like to get a lsit going for the first 3 customers. I will only be taking orders 3-at-a-time becuase of my budget, time, and personnel (only one) constraints.

he is only one person but he wil sometime have a man, man, contour threesome with his car

So you want 100 for the hightowers or did i read this wrong i might be interested.

-Restoring:
I start with either an 850 or 1000-grit, and work up to 1500 and finally 2000-grit.
The price will depend on the lights, and I will charge $60 to do this. Don't forget your fogs!

-Hightowers:
$75 if I recieve them disassembled, $100 if they are assembled on arrival.

-Both
Hightower rates still apply, vut restoration price is 50%

-Anything Else
You name it, I'll give a price if I can do it.
:cool:

1. Where in here does he mention anything about an hourly rate? If I missed something, please let me know but I don't see it. Looks like a fixed rate to me.

2. Again, if I missed it, I'm sure someone will let me know. Are your prices for each, or a pair?

When this thread first started it said the hourly rate and there were no pictures, I would have to say he edited his post and changed it.

When this thread first started it said the hourly rate and there were no pictures, I would have to say he edited his post and changed it.

DING DING!! Yup, I posted an hourly rate at first.

And the hightowers are $100 if you ship them to me closed, 75 if you ship them pre-baked

If I don't get any interest soon, I'm not going to offer this, and I'll just start putting all my time into the other stuff I've been working on.

I've only gotten two PM's; both of which I have answered, but have recieved nothing else. Not even follow-ups from my replies to those two.

DING DING!! Yup, I posted an hourly rate at first.

And the hightowers are $100 if you ship them to me closed, 75 if you ship them pre-baked

I still think the pre-baked thing is a bad idea. I myself have done a couple of practice sets of hightowers, and broken a couple of lenses before I perfected pulling the lenses off the housings, its probably a better idea to have a $100 flat fee, because if someone bakes their headlights apart, break/cracks the lens, now they have screwed them-self.

Lol, nobody going to let you practice on their headlights, you have shown you can clean pre-98 lamps, congratulations. Try a post 97 lamp, they have their limits for being beyond help.

Lol, nobody going to let you practice on their headlights, you have shown you can clean pre-98 lamps, congratulations. Try a post 97 lamp, they have their limits for being beyond help.
I've done it. I know what I'm getting into, here. But thank you for your insight; I do understand there is a difference.
And another wannabe group buy goes down in flames...:rolleyes:
Are you interested in the service? Or willing to contribute to the thread? If not, please leave:cool:

I will give this another shot. If I do not have atleast 3 people in line by September 10th, I will have the thread closed, and stop offering this

I will add one little thing for you to think about. When you offer a service, especially to a group of people that are notorious for having limited funds, they will want to see pictures/examples of what you're providing(98+ lights with before and after results would help). You aren't providing any sort of a guarantee against your work, so they are going 100% by your word that they will come out to THEIR expectations. Also, if these lights aren't up to the buyers standards, are you willing to accept a tremendous about of ridicule, and the possibility of being banned from the site? These are things that HAVE happened in the past. I've been here a while, and have seen some service-type group buys go very sour. Just a few things to consider.

Mark

I will add one little thing for you to think about. When you offer a service, especially to a group of people that are notorious for having limited funds, they will want to see pictures/examples of what you're providing(98+ lights with before and after results would help). You aren't providing any sort of a guarantee against your work, so they are going 100% by your word that they will come out to THEIR expectations. Also, if these lights aren't up to the buyers standards, are you willing to accept a tremendous about of ridicule, and the possibility of being banned from the site? These are things that HAVE happened in the past. I've been here a while, and have seen some service-type group buys go very sour. Just a few things to consider.

Mark

Thank you for the tips. I still need to make a junkyard run, as I did not do so in the past few weeks due to a lack of interest. You made many good points, and I would like top once again thank you and all others who have helped me through this process:cool:

Gee thanks.

You're welcome to buy parts, I was just assuming you wouldn't want any, and would just continue to make stupid, wise-ass remarks.:shrug: Doing that only marrs my credibility. My connection to a TIG welder did that to me enough in my first attempt; and I'm sure your reminder of that hepled this thread to fail.:cool: Good job:cool:

Lock 'er up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back