• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Header options: Any other than short-tube?

If he has a mandrel bender then I'm guessing it would be far less LOL. I wouldn't assume, if he's going to "fab" them, that he'd hoof it down to the local performance exhaust shop with some scribbles on a napkin and ask them to fab them up.

I don't think he'd mass produce them either...the market has obviously not shown a high demand, but there may be a few guys interested and willing to step up. It's about 100x worse in the SHO "community." Guys piss and moan all day, everyday about no aftermarket support, but when folks offer something out, and it's not $4 with a free soft drink, they complain...on the internet...in a very serious tone LOL.

*Hides the Wendy's napkin* uh... I'm here for the beer? :)

You're right on the mass-production thing. I've tried that before and it was years of headache, of which I'm still not fully recovered from. *IF* I did something like this.. IF. I would be financially secure to create a dozzen or so sets out of my own pocket, then would see if they get sold. I would only do this *IF* the proposed idea created substantial gains over the MSDS headers. If it's something to the tone of 3-5whp, then it's not likely to be worth my time or anyone else's investment to obtain them.

But for now, it's shaping up to be a fun and engaging project for the spring time. Hmm.. I might want to get a dead block, heads and such so that I can create a 'jig' of sorts.

That works a let better then trying to measure and tac items together while the engine is in the car still. Which uh.. I haven't done before. *innocently whistles*

Back