• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Head Count - Madison Meet 1/11

It's Mr. Beer Recommender :laugh: LOL Thanks for the invite and I'm sorry, but I have to work until 7. I could be there by 8, but that's far too late for this group!!! I'll catch up with everyone in the next few months.

The father/son combo is Coolkuehl13 and his son. I talked to him last week, just before this thread came out. Not sure what he is doing.

Thanks again.

Bob, I think Crispy was referring to me when she said Mr Beer Recommender because we both enjoy Sprecher Amber and I told her to try Lakefront Riverwest Stein or Eastside Dark. Like you, I'll have to pass on this one, too. 5AM comes WAY too early for these old bones and I need all the beauty sleep I can get.

I'll make sure to attend the personalized Miller Brewery tour later this year. (That's a promise)

Damn work!

Damn work!

I would love to stop, since you guys are freaking close to where I'm at. Only problem is I have to work 5pm - 9:30pm... If you guys want to, come swing by Best Buy mobile install, I work on the east side which is about 3 blocks from that Texas Roadhouse, granted I have installs all night, if I could get a picture of some other SVT's with mine or people (if I have time), it would make my day! By the time you guys eat though it will probably be dark out.... or possibly before if you have time, idk... I've provided a map and directions should you choose to stop by, if I was able to take a lunch, I would stop in and meet, but no can do... Also if you want to cruise later after I'm off of work, just be waiting in the back and I'll be sure to roll, I've always wanted to get a bunch together and cruise.... plenty of rice to burn around here :p Just be careful if you do cruise east washington, cops really watch it a lot....

Map: http://b-rad.is-a-geek.net/Pictures/Map.jpg

Driving Insructions
1. Turn left out of Texas Roadhouse parking lot on to Annamark Dr.
2. At intersection of East springs and Annamark Dr. make a right turn on to East springs dr.
3. At next stop light make a left turn on to E Towne Blvd. (if you end up on the East Washington you've gone tooo far)
4. The 1st entrance on your left will be for Famous Footwear (DO NOT) turn here... (DO) turn left at the 2nd entrance. (if you end up at shopko, you've gone too far)
5. Follow road straight for approx. 100/200 yds, then it will veer to the left, follow it to the left. If you end up in a parking lot, you did not turn left enough....
6. To the left you will see a long yellow railing along the right side of the bay doors, 2 bay doors with a blue best buy mobile install over it. Something like this:

http://b-rad.is-a-geek.net/Pictures/my car/100_1567 (Medium).jpg

And you should also be able to see my green svt parked in the line somewhere along the left, which is the car in that picture as well....

If it's too dark for a pic, just stopping in and saying hi would be cool. Hopefully I'd have time to chat a little, but i'll see what I can do, work is work, and they don't like people standing around... Espically since were doing bounce back, which means cleaning **** the second we have a moment to share.... one other little thing, if you do come, please do not pull up to the bay doors and park, there are parking spots along the side of the drive. Also please do not bang on the bay doors to get the attention of the installers inside, we do not respond to that, there is a customer entrance door on the right side of the bay doors, just come in there and come up to the glass window. Hopefully we see you, if not, no big deal, I may hit east wash for a run or two to see if anyone is around, and then head home. Heading back 151 to Platteville area thursday night if anyone else is heading that way...

If you need my Cell # to get a hold of me PM me ASAP, and I'll try to respond ASAP....

All right, well, have a good supper, wish I was there, maybe we'll see you, maybe not. Take it easy guys!

Peace out!

Last edited:
I'm at Best Buy all the time and I always see a green CSVT with letting on the skirts out in the parking lot... I can only assume that is yours... Whoot!

There is also a kid who works at Farm and Fleet with a red CSVT, other than that I dont think there are too many around here in Madison... if you ever see a Silver Frost CSVT chances are I own one if not the only 2 (soon to be 3 if all goes well) Silver Frost ones in the area.

We will have to meet up soon... not sure how long the meet will go tonight or if people will head back to my house after we eat to play more games.

As far as cruising, I've done it before in the past with the Cougar and It wasnt my thing and I certainly dont want the added attention thrown on one of my CSVT's, luck for me alot of times they rule that car out as possible offender due to the 4 doors - unfortunately having the attitude that my car sorta looks like a family car is going to get me busted soon with all the speeding I do in it. LOL

Here is my cellphone number for anyone who gets lost... has questions or needs to check in... I should be home by 3pm

608-239-7531

Not sure what time everyone is showing up but if you want to stop by before you go to work that works as well... Hopefully Steeda arrives early as you might get bored hanging with me as I'm a middle aged woman who just has a passion for cars and tweaking and modding them herself... I'll let you check out the Coug if you want - its scheduled to leave next month and its pretty much been a major portion of my life until I bought the first CSVT and did a full circle in regards to what I now focus on..

See you all later.... Steeda, gimme a call if you cant find how to get to my area from your hotel

..Chris

I'm at Best Buy all the time and I always see a green CSVT with letting on the skirts out in the parking lot... I can only assume that is yours... Whoot!

There is also a kid who works at Farm and Fleet with a red CSVT, other than that I dont think there are too many around here in Madison... if you ever see a Silver Frost CSVT chances are I own one if not the only 2 (soon to be 3 if all goes well) Silver Frost ones in the area.

We will have to meet up soon... not sure how long the meet will go tonight or if people will head back to my house after we eat to play more games.

As far as cruising, I've done it before in the past with the Cougar and It wasnt my thing and I certainly dont want the added attention thrown on one of my CSVT's, luck for me alot of times they rule that car out as possible offender due to the 4 doors - unfortunately having the attitude that my car sorta looks like a family car is going to get me busted soon with all the speeding I do in it. LOL

Here is my cellphone number for anyone who gets lost... has questions or needs to check in... I should be home by 3pm

608-239-7531

Not sure what time everyone is showing up but if you want to stop by before you go to work that works as well... Hopefully Steeda arrives early as you might get bored hanging with me as I'm a middle aged woman who just has a passion for cars and tweaking and modding them herself... I'll let you check out the Coug if you want - its scheduled to leave next month and its pretty much been a major portion of my life until I bought the first CSVT and did a full circle in regards to what I now focus on..

See you all later.... Steeda, gimme a call if you cant find how to get to my area from your hotel

..Chris

I've seen another green SVT a couple of times wandering around Madison, if I remember correctly I think it's someone that works at the UW, but I'm not for sure..... I seen a green one at Best Buy a couple of times as well as once at Menards. I have also see a silver frost CSVT one night when I was going to a Disturbed concert with a factory spoiler, that wouldn't of happened to be you would it?

What is your street address, PM me, maybe I'll be able to stop by...

I'm assuming that the Silver Frost would have been one of the ones we own... the plates are personalized and both are close to each other (SLVR SVT and SILV SVT) -- I think we are at BB about 2 times a week almost all the time.. my man is a serious video game addict.

I live right off of Hwy 94 - exit 244 (Cottage Grove/Sun Prairie)

Right on Hwy N
Take a Right on School Road
Left on Sunset Drive

I'm 912B

easy to find and probably about 6 minutes or so (maybe less) from Best Buy or Texas Roadhouse.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that the Silver Frost would have been one of the ones we own... the plates are personalized and both are close to each other (SLVR SVT and SILV SVT) -- I think we are at BB about 2 times a week almost all the time.. my man is a serious video game addict.

I live right off of Hwy 94 - exit 244 (Cottage Grove/Sun Prairie)

Right on Hwy N
Take a Right on School Road
Left on Sunset Drive

I'm 912B

easy to find and probably about 6 minutes or so (maybe less) from Best Buy or Texas Roadhouse.

Pretty sure I found it on google maps it looks like... Somewhere near northlawn park I assume in cottage grove? I live in SP, just north of you. Going to be anyone around if I swing by before work. I have to be back to the east side by 5pm. so somewhere around 3:30pm to 4:30pm be ok to stop by? Or I guess I could give you a buzz....

Can I go in there and make fun of you? I was the #1 installer for District 1 for best buy in 03 for 4 months straight :)

Looks like i have to train someone on a install at 3:30 soo i should be around about 5 crispy

Last edited:
Pretty sure I found it on google maps it looks like... Somewhere near northlawn park I assume in cottage grove? I live in SP, just north of you. Going to be anyone around if I swing by before work. I have to be back to the east side by 5pm. so somewhere around 3:30pm to 4:30pm be ok to stop by? Or I guess I could give you a buzz....

fine, if no one else is there you might be a little bored but sure, head on over. I've got a B&M short shifter to sell as well as some Audiobahn stuff, stage 3 clutch and a hose techniques kit if you want to check anything out.

fine, if no one else is there you might be a little bored but sure, head on over. I've got a B&M short shifter to sell as well as some Audiobahn stuff, stage 3 clutch and a hose techniques kit if you want to check anything out.

Does this look like the classifieds?? :p J/k

Amanda and I will be there sometime around 6. We probably won't be out too late because we both have to work tomorrow.

I plan on pushing the pedal a little bit, but I may have to go to the bank after work. If I get in manageable traffic on 94, I usually breeze right through it, so no worries ;)

I think i'll be heading in around 3pm i think... that way I have time to hang out.... Probably give you a buzz on the way or something... idk...

Back