• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Griffin SVT Radiator - Interest Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do. ;)

I really think that this is going to be a drop in replacement. I guess we'll know next week.

BP

Nice, so you are purchasing one!? This will be a helluva deal if it works as Fluidyne will not produce anything unless the market is there for it, and with the Contiques we all know it is not when compared to the cars that are being built and modified today.

Interesting. I'll keep my eyes on this thread ;) Mike if you end up getting a prototype I wanna meet up and check it out

Will do. In checking out other companies I found Be Cool would be willing to help us out as well... but their prototyping cost was in the area pushing $1000. So yea.

If this Fluidyne radiator doesn't pan out I'll fork out the cash for a proto from Griffin.

Nice, so you are purchasing one!?

I'm going to be buying a standard MTX Focus radiator for my supercharger build-up. I talked to Josh (Pole120) and he's going to pull his SVT radiator out of his parts car. We'll do a direct side-by-side comparison. If they are identical, then we know that any of the Focus aftermarket radiators will work for us.

If you were gonna go with a Focus piece, I would go with the PWR piece.

I KNEW there was another one! I just couldn't find the link. Now I want to check out the core size on the PWR...

BP

I talked to Josh (Pole120) and he's going to pull his SVT radiator out of his parts car.

Let me know when you get your focus piece Ben. I can have mine out in a matter of 20 minutes so i can pull it while you're on your way to the shop when the time comes.

I hope this turns out. If we can use Focus radiators that makes life a LOT easier. Especially with group buys and such. Keep us posted!!

My father actually does radiator sales and service and he MAY have a brand new focus and contour piece in stock. I'll be at his shop Tomorrow doing some exhaust work so I'll see if he can pull two out of the boxes for comparison.

~Josh

My father actually does radiator sales and service and he MAY have a brand new focus and contour piece in stock. I'll be at his shop Tomorrow doing some exhaust work so I'll see if he can pull two out of the boxes for comparison.

~Josh

Nice :cool:

I'm going to be buying a standard MTX Focus radiator for my supercharger build-up. I talked to Josh (Pole120) and he's going to pull his SVT radiator out of his parts car. We'll do a direct side-by-side comparison. If they are identical, then we know that any of the Focus aftermarket radiators will work for us.

keep forgetting your from the area. I have one laying in my basement. Another option.

~Josh

Any additional news???

Josh didn't end up having any. I'm going to be ordering my MTX Focus radiator tomorrow.

BP

Thanks Ben,

He is correct, my dad doesn't stock either focus or contour pieces so that was a no-go. But if Ben gets his focus rad. soon i can pull my SVT piece at the same time.

Mike
Did you send in my extra yet?

No not yet. I've been pretty busy at work. I'm kind of waiting to see how the Focus Radiator turns out before spending the time and money to get the radiator into Griffin. If it fits or has just minor issues I'm going to try to use that as leverage with Griffin to cut the price down depending on the outcome of course.

Consider me tentative based on shipping costs and options to Canada on what ever solution comes out of the GB, as I have two mounting pegs snapped from a run in with a iced ditch last year. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back