• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye....

what, it's going to cost you more than $1K to come to SZ?

here, i'll give you three options...

1) pick any contour that is already planning on coming to SZ, put up $1,000, and we'll race them. then you don't have to bring your pile of crap to MI just to have your ass handed to you.

2) bring your pile of crap to MI for SZ, and we'll race for $5,000. if you win, it will cover all of your expenses. if you lose, i guess it won't cover a tow back to NV.

3) punk out after running your mouth and not backing it up.

please pick one so i can be done with this.

thanks.

and WTF are you talking about? arcade? :shrug:

I thought you owned a rx8, when did you buy a srt-4.

I pray you are arguing about your srt-t and not the "
Hey i got a friend whose car can beat your car type of argument:help:

I dont base my opinion of Neons on just the accident. For instance, my friend had a 1997 Neon. He finally got rid of it for a Ford Focus because he would have had to replace the head gasket for the second time. ALso in the junk yards in Duluth here there are lines and lines of Neons, whereas theres maybe twenty tours. At a max. All they are trying to do by making the Neon an "SRT-4" is try to make the name worth something. It wont happen. The Neon has a bad past. Just like most "economy" cars.

But go ahead and think what you want. I still make fun of just about every Neon I see.:laugh:

hahahhahahahahhaha go on streetfire.net type srt-4 check out all the street racing compilations, wait did I not just post up a wicked one of srt4s racing with camaro's etc... yes fast and the furious it is... .
Ummm okay we know srt-4s are quicker, why are you repeating yourself.???

hahahhhahahaha you guys are getting sooo upset!!! is it because you can't take hard reality that the srt4 handles just as well.. and SPANKS the csvt in quarter mile ... awwww. muffin. .
Who cares about 1/4 mile car. FOR THE LAST TIME OUR CARS ARE DESIGNED FOR HANDLING!!!
I have shown you indisputable facts that the csvt out handled stock for stock the neon rt and srt-4. So sorry ??Mad?? your opinions are worthless.
I do feel bad for the neon community having you in their mists. I believe its people like you that give neon owners a bad name!!

The car didn't sell well because it failed in north america... hell the neon sold better... and it didn't advertise much either.
Show me facts of these advertising you mentioned? Or are you just spitting garbarge out of your mouth again??

Please do some research as to why it didn't sell. Repeating your self over and over again with childish mannerisms is only making yourself look less educated and more ------.

Last edited:
I dont base my opinion of Neons on just the accident. For instance, my friend had a 1997 Neon. He finally got rid of it for a Ford Focus because he would have had to replace the head gasket for the second time. ALso in the junk yards in Duluth here there are lines and lines of Neons, whereas theres maybe twenty tours. At a max. All they are trying to do by making the Neon an "SRT-4" is try to make the name worth something. It wont happen. The Neon has a bad past. Just like most "economy" cars.

But go ahead and think what you want. I still make fun of just about every Neon I see.:laugh:

Don't worry too much Dodge DUMPED THE NEON.
After mad spoke so highly of the car.....i wonder why they dumped such a great car:laugh:

After mad spoke so highly of the car.....i wonder why they dumped such a great car:laugh:
:laugh::laugh: I have wondered the same thing while reading this thread..:crazy::laugh:

Im sure he will come back with some smart crack about why they stopped making them.

Last edited:
I thought you owned a rx8, when did you buy a srt-4.

I pray you are arguing about your srt-t and not the "
Hey i got a friend whose car can beat your car type of argument:help:

secret.gif

the tour was dumped too.... after a much shorter run. at least there's a caliber srt-4. :laugh:

Why did they dump the contour? well.. because it was a lemon with a craptastic transmission.. and :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty v6 that spun bearings :p oh lets not forget the dash warp, and the crappy suspension that wore out fast... oh wait... the diffs blew up..

ahhhh the contour was a cheap version of the mondeo, ford failed.. nuff said

SRT4 beats contour svt boo hoo!

Now srt4 came on the caliber, which is ugly as :censored::censored::censored::censored: but really what does ford have? absolutly nothing.. hahaha
:D

Why did they dump the contour? well.. because it was a lemon with a craptastic transmission.. and :censored:ty v6 that spun bearings :p oh lets not forget the dash warp, and the crappy suspension that wore out fast... oh wait... the diffs blew up..

ahhhh the contour was a cheap version of the mondeo, ford failed.. nuff said

SRT4 beats contour svt boo hoo!

Now srt4 came on the caliber, which is ugly as :censored: but really what does ford have? absolutly nothing.. hahaha
:D
You suck at car comparison. Besides.... Ford has the GT.:laugh::drool:

Here have this car. You will have to put a new head gasket in every 10k but hey what the heck its cheap. It was a common problem in Neons. Personally I dont like the looks either. Its not just the performance I dont like. ;)

Besides. We are all wrong. We are looking for power when it cant be found in a car that is WWD.:laugh:

Last edited:
Ford dumped the contour after they realized springs were breaking on people causing them to crash!

you guys just don't want to accept the fact the srt4 is a far better NEON... then your svt.

at least our drivetrains are bulletproof.

and crash test ratings on contour was Poor http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=41

Least the neon got average...

95 and 96 neons had the head gasket issues besides the point first gen neons sucked ass.. and are all ugly and pos. I would never own one anyways.

I'll take a 2nd gen as a good daily driver, they had no common issues... no head gasket failures.. just a cheap ass dd to commute with.

IMO ford is the biggest dieing breed in the big 3...

gm is making a slight comeback with there malibu, and new camaro.. and some "go green" cars...

dodge is doing meh, they need more efficient vehicles.. new challenger is nice tough

ford.. well, my opinion, they suck. nothing good but there v6 pusstangs that women drive around, and maybe there trucks.. thats probably the only thing keeping them alive

IMO ford is the biggest dieing breed in the big 3...

gm is making a slight comeback with there malibu, and new camaro.. and some "go green" cars...

dodge is doing meh, they need more efficient vehicles.. new challenger is nice tough

ford.. well, my opinion, they suck. nothing good but there v6 pusstangs that women drive around, and maybe there trucks.. thats probably the only thing keeping them alive

It's amusing your chopping down the American market. I really want to know what your country offers in the car market? Oh let me see canada builds what type of cars?

Last edited:
It's amusing your chopping down the American market. I really want to know what your country offers in the car market? Oh let me see canada builds what type of cars?

Awesome.:laugh::laugh: True true. I work at a Toyota dealership, and while I like Toyotas I dont rip other makers down because of it. When it comes to foreign vs. domestic it comes down to this. Would you rather end up having just an engine and tranny left, or would you like to have a body with them?

I reiterate. You really should just GTFO. Obviously you no longer like Ford anymore either. :shrug: Your choice. But wait one day when Dodge quits making cars that people like and they are scraping to stay afloat. On GM, I wont lie they are doing better lately. But personally I stick with Ford. I may not like some of the vehicles they make now but I dont like some of the vehicles they used to make either.:shrug: I mostly am unbiased when it comes to autos. Only because everybody makes a good car and everybody makes a bad car. The Neon was a bad car. You could say the Contour was too. But I dont because I like it and it does prove to be a worthy car.

Last edited:
its a 1995 ford contour se. :shrug:

Other than that, nope i just found it searching online:laugh:

Back