• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Glowing SVT Logo on Main Gauge Cluster

beyondloadedSE

Hard-core CEG'er
I thought this might be a good mod to revive. Might seem kinda obvious as to how to do it for some, but I figured I'd post it anyways.

This is the only picture thats left in the forum archives. Its not the greatest since its not a night time shot, but hopefully you get the idea. You can outline the SVT as shown and according to the posts below you can make the entire SVT logo light depending on the year SVT you have.
svtlogo.jpg

Here's the threads talking about it. It took me a good two hours to find them in the forum archives, so you can thank me later. ;)

http://www.contour.org/archive/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB7&Number=216446

http://www.contour.org/archive/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB7&Number=214311

About getting the tach needle off... put 2 spoons, one on either side of the needle, and pry gently upwards. If you try to take it off by yanking on it, you'll bend the shaft and the tach won't ever work right.

Last edited:
I would love to do this mod but i'm not sure I have the balls to start messing with my speedometer.

Why would you have to mess with your speedometer? You have to take the tach out... so all you have to do is unbolt the speedometer from the housing.

From what I read you have to take the needles off and recalibrate your speedometer. If I had a beater to try it on then maybe, but I always end up messing somthing up in the process

From what I read you have to take the needles off and recalibrate your speedometer. If I had a beater to try it on then maybe, but I always end up messing somthing up in the process

No, you don't have to take off the needles, except for the tach needle.

ya let ur car warm up then see what u idle at... then before you put ur dash platic back on plug it in turn on ur car and place the pin at the same idle place and then unplug and put screan back on.

Hope it helps, always works for me..

hey this may seem like a noob question . do you have to outline the svt from the back in order for it to light like the night pic posted or do you just go to scraping the back of the overlay until ya have say a half inch by three qaurter inch rectangle then put your cellaphan on the back am confused and dont wanna ass up my overlay as its sitting apart as i type this . thanks all chad helppppppppp

hey this may seem like a noob question . do you have to outline the svt from the back in order for it to light like the night pic posted or do you just go to scraping the back of the overlay until ya have say a half inch by three qaurter inch rectangle then put your cellaphan on the back am confused and dont wanna ass up my overlay as its sitting apart as i type this . thanks all chad helppppppppp

outline it.

I've done this type of work on other cars and always reinstalled the needles with the key in the "on" position, car off. It will zero the tach out.

Back