• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

red SVT on tach

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
I did a fair amount of searching on the old and new site but could not find this. I'm sure i missed one key phrase.

Maybe this was a old group buy.

How do i get the SVT logo on my tach to be red and light up at night? Just like on a 03 cobra. I have seen pics of them on here but thats it. thanks everyone.

I think ppl used to sand the back of the SVT logo and use red paint.

picture.JPG

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...d=allposts&Main=302566&Search=true#Post303310

Last edited:
I was watching some show on tv yesterday and they did a short bit on the GT500. Anyways, the SVT behind the tach lights up to act as a shift light. Thought that was pretty cool. I wonder how hard that would be to rig up?

That would be cool. Shouldn't be too hard to rig up. Get your typical tach and disassemble it to get the box that controls it. You might even be able to get just the box assembly. You just got me wanting to do that...i'll let you know how it goes!:laugh:

S&H will not be considered. there has to be some way to do this to the stock svt cluster. i know some members have this.

it would be so sweet if someone made it so that logo turned red whenver you hit redline, kinda like on the new GT500's

Or if they made the SVT logo come on at W0T.

I'd love the SVT to light up as the needles brushes by it - redline & WOT would be wicked too!

thats for city driving high way shifting is 9850 in the first 4 gears fifth i set the cruise

Yikes! What have you done to your motor so you can wind it out that far without worrying? City driving, my car never breaches the 3K rpm mark - anything over that seems to attracts ricers who want to race..

just joking on the 9850 i shift at like less than 3500 in the city so the secondaries wont open highway try to keep it less than the fuel shut off at 7
so around 6500
i want to see it bounch off of 8k

Back