• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Getting my TRUE COLD AIR Intake on.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You newbies make me laugh. Check it out...

P7190001.jpg

This is a TRUE CAI with the filter in the fender.
If I were going to do it again, I'd go to NAPA and get a bunch of 3" truck radiator hose bends for $10 a piece. It wouldn't be as pretty but it'd be a helluva lot cheaper.

HTH,
BP

I like this setup the best. Looks like I need to find a battery relocation kit.

I was looking at my intake and I was wondering where u guys put the sensor after the TB?(and what sensor is that?)

EDIT:: and how did u get it for so cheap? I looked for elbows and they are like 53$ a piece...

Last edited:
I like this setup the best. Looks like I need to find a battery relocation kit.

I do too, but I don't think it's really worth the money.

I was looking at my intake and I was wondering where u guys put the sensor after the TB?(and what sensor is that?)

EDIT:: and how did u get it for so cheap? I looked for elbows and they are like 53$ a piece...

I bought one of the eBay Focus intakes, and modified it. This is probably the cheapest way to do it. As for the elbow, you were looking at things WAY too expensive. This one will suffice, unless you want to go with 3" piping. Then of course, you would go with a 3-3" 90 Degree. I think I spent a total of $70 on my setup. Put that price against the price of the other intake ^. It's a LOT cheaper than that setup, unless you would do the 3" radiator hose bends, would would be close to the same price, but a little more, as you would have to get extra tubing to match the hoses with. AND You would also have to get a battery relocating kit. Which again bumps up the price fairly well. I'd say no less than ~$90-$100. The sensors on the intake are the MAF sensor (Mass Air Flow), and IAT sensor (Air Intake Temperature) I set my IAT sensor as close to the TB as I could, and moved my MAF sensor to the 'down-ward' section before the battery on the TB side. (See picture.)

I got my MAF sensor moved today, and I drove it to the gas station down the road, and there's a noticeable improvement. Better response, and better gains through the lower RPMs, as well as the mid. Higher is still lacking, but only around 5.5K-6K, luckily, I'm hardly on the throttle that hard. :D

100_7651Medium-1.jpg

it would look nice... and rich!!! :D
plus you could prolly make 2 out of all of it

I'll agree, but with a full 3" setup, you would HAVE to move the battery (if you were to build it similar to mine), because the battery would not be able to sit there, without hitting the hood, and make the hood bow. Which then it would be another ~$40-$50 for relocating the battery, safely.

I'll agree, but with a full 3" setup, you would HAVE to move the battery (if you were to build it similar to mine), because the battery would not be able to sit there, without hitting the hood, and make the hood bow. Which then it would be another ~$40-$50 for relocating the battery, safely.
not if you have an MTX. there is more than enough room between the trans and the battery tray for a 3" pipe. i have a 2.5" pipe with an HKS BOV on it between the battery and trans. :D

101_0415.jpg

Last edited:
not if you have an MTX. there is more than enough room between the trans and the battery tray for a 3" pipe. i have a 2.5" pipe with an HKS BOV on it between the battery and trans. :D

101_0415.jpg

LUCKY YOU! :mad: I had to modify my battery tray. :( I guess that'll change when I get my MTX. :laugh:

do you have an overall pic of the engine bay?
im assuming since 96Mystique already posted his pics of the engine bay your asking for pics of mine.

i dont have any really recent pics as some things have changed since that picture.
Picture003-1.jpg

So many colors. :D
yeah i know. since that picture i have painted the strut tower bar, cam gear cover, and battery tie down all silver. the plug wires are now blue and the battery is on its side so its not quite so much red showing.

that must have taken a lot of screwing around, i just took mine apart yesterday to see what i had to work with and its cramped!

that must have taken a lot of screwing around, i just took mine apart yesterday to see what i had to work with and its cramped!
if you think thats cramped you should look at the V6 contour. theres actually a lot of room in the zetec engine bay. you just have to be creative.

just for :censored::censored::censored::censored:s and giggles. you thought the intake plumbing was tight, check out the turbo and wastegate location. :D:D
101_0413.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back