• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

getting highest hp out of the 3l

So all this talk has been about N/A 3L swap...

what about a FI 3L car? I was debating about welding up a custom intake with two plenums one for each bank of cylinders each plenum with it's own throttle body.

Oh and everyone has been talking about porting and polishing the heads... I'm pretty sure you only want to port the exhaust ports. I'll have to find that article that talked about it and post the link, it was informative.

Here you go linky

I'll also retract my previous statement to some extent... you don't want to polish the intake port to a smooth mirror finish.

Not a bad read.
On the intake, you might join the twin plenums with a large bore single oval TB?
You could build it based on the plenum volume for the combo also.
-J

So all this talk has been about N/A 3L swap...

what about a FI 3L car? I was debating about welding up a custom intake with two plenums one for each bank of cylinders each plenum with it's own throttle body.

Oh and everyone has been talking about porting and polishing the heads... I'm pretty sure you only want to port the exhaust ports. I'll have to find that article that talked about it and post the link, it was informative.

Here you go linky

I'll also retract my previous statement to some extent... you don't want to polish the intake port to a smooth mirror finish.

yeah for N/A that poses a problem. a rough finish gives the air coming in a chance to pocket around the edges, and then the air in the middle of the port is accellerated. plastic manifolds are smooth on the inside..... i have heard from a few people that plastic manifolds are commonly run through the extrude hone process to give them a slightly rough finish which increases their potential. however im too cheap to try it, and i'd hate to ruin a manifold if it doesnt really work. i guess the guys at extrude hone would be the ones to talk to lol

Back