• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: Roush 21mm rear sway bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these the same ROSUH sway bars that were used on the ROSUH Bob Boudurant CSVT's? When you talk about reenforcing the rear sub frane. what all do you need? just the parts listed on the BAT site or what?

These are the sway bars used on the ROUSH Cougars, and I would guess probably the same on the Bondurant SVT's since they were ROUSH built.

You can buy a reinforced subframe from BAT or Redcoat Raceworks (Bradness) or you can reinforce it yourself with some welding.

That or it sounds like some welding is needed. I've got a MIG welder and a plasma cutter (pencil and eraser :laugh: ) so I'll probably start looking for a writeup...

ok im out kyleQ can take my place. I thought the sway bar was just plug n play. didnt know you neede an upgraded subframe for it to work
you dont NEED an upgraded subframe for it work BUT the subframe will EVENTUALLY break where the bar mounts to it if you dont reinforce those mounts.

you dont NEED an upgraded subframe for it work BUT the subframe will EVENTUALLY break where the bar mounts to it if you dont reinforce those mounts.
Can you reinforce the mounts easily? I will be welding in subframe connectors and could have these welded/reinforced at the same time.
Any write up on how to do this?
-J

Roush sold many, many Cougars in 99 and 2000 with no reinforcing of the subframe. If it's good enough for Roush, it's good enough for me. If it breaks, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Roush sold many, many Cougars in 99 and 2000 with no reinforcing of the subframe. If it's good enough for Roush, it's good enough for me. If it breaks, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

same here. the contour wont be a daily driver anyways. if it breaks, i have backup cars while i fix it. no biggie

I've had it on my car since 2002. I've had no problems yet, and it's a daily driver. I haven't even replaced the bushings yet. :shrug:

Maybe the Cougar subframes are beefed up to begin with. Contique's on here break subframes with stock sway bars all the time.

My stock SVT bar broke my subframe.

i personally cannot wait to get one of these. ive been snatching up rare stuff lately and this just adds to the list!. ford racing short throw, rear window valence and now this. woot

i personally cannot wait to get one of these. ive been snatching up rare stuff lately and this just adds to the list!. ford racing short throw, rear window valence and now this. woot

Me too - lol, now if they would only make it on my car... I've got boxes stacked up in my room full of CSVT stuff waiting untill it warms up again...

So what's the status of who is on the list and who is not? I really would like a bar and could pay whenever is necessary.
-J

Payments should start rolling in at the end of the month. Only one spot has been vacated... and filled. I'll be sure to inform you if more become available.

Would any Contours prefer a BAT bar to a Roush bar?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back