• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: Gauging interest Stereolithography jackpoint covers

bheldke

New CEG'er
I'm wondering what the market might be for some SVT jackpoint covers manufactured with stereo-lithography. They wouldn't be painted but would actually fit like a regular part. I haven't approached any vendors yet but I'm thinking if the set-up costs were spread out over a few hundred it might be worth it.

If you're interested reply to the post and how many you'd want. Since this would be a batch run, you'd probably want to think about getting spares.

More details once I get some responses...

Thanks!

Ive been buying them with no problems for the past 6 months... I just bought 6 in a 3 month span... Let me call my parts source and see what the real verdict is.

Ok here is the grim and sad news...

There are only 7 left in the country.... This item just went obsolete and Ford did not order anymore. Therefore those last 7 are it.

^^lol...why are you saying it like that. Say "Whip"...."WHIP"....now say "COOLWHIP"......"COOLHWHIP!" lmao

I say we make sideskirts in fiberglass or carbon fiber WITHOUT the GAY AZZ jackpoint covers. I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Where there is a will there is a way man. My dads drag car is ALOT lower than anything on this site (except Mikeys car...about the same). And we got wheelie bars to deal with...but with blocks and ramps and whatnot...it can be jacked up! lol

Doesnt matter to me...I cant stand jackpoint covers....and as soon as I find a winter beater....project shave the JP covers begins....and a slew of other stuff.

Unfortunately, yamaha racer 686 never got passed the prototype stage. His last post in that thread was July 2010 and his last activity on CEG was March, 2011. I'd say yamaha racer 686 has moved on to other things.

Unfortunately, yamaha racer 686 never got passed the prototype stage. His last post in that thread was July 2010 and his last activity on CEG was March, 2011. I'd say yamaha racer 686 has moved on to other things.
Exactly, I was on board with that group buy from the get go, was rather bummed it never happened.

Back