• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: Full Rear Reflector

Status
Not open for further replies.

boumacj

Hard-core CEG'er
OK, so a friend of mine at a professional bodyshop fully filled in and painted my rear reflector for me. It took him awhile to do it but after the fact I talked to him about doing mutiple reflectors. Here's the deal, he will do these for $160, $200 painted (at most). He will make these if we get ten orders. If we can get five or fewer orders, the price will go up by 10% due to materials cost. All materials will be professional grade materials used by the bodyshop, this won't be homegrown. Paint used will be PPG or DuPont depending upon the application and they will be clearcoated as well. For mine, he left the chrome strip on and used an industrial strength epoxy to make sure it stays down. He then applied three coats of professional grade filler, sanded to perfection, primed, painted, and cleared. Here's the caveat, if you will be sending me a reflector, the price will drop by $25. I can normally buy reflectors locally for $35, but since the bodyshop can get them for $25 from the JY it's only fair to reduce the price by that amount. Actual shipping charges will be used, no extra charge for packing if you send me a reflector in some sort of reusable packaging. If you have any questions, let me know-they will take about 2 weeks to complete. Here are some pics of my car with and without reflector, no comments about the Roush badge, it's a long story...If interested start the list in the next post.

Thanks!
CJ

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Why not just buy a mystique rear reflector and paint it? Looks almost the same and WAY cheaper

Good question, he and I had this discussion and he will do it for cheaper if someone wants it, but the issue there is that you can't paint around the reverse lights so you can't have the whole reflector panel be all the same color. He can integrate the chrome strip to make it look like it's not there and easily fill in the circle for the Mercury badge. We looked at Mystique reflectors and they all had weird bubbles under the plastic by the reverse lights which aren't there on the Contour. If you want to do aMystique reflector, PM me

yours looks way better than the mystique one. good luck with the group buy. i would buy one but i kinda do that stuff myself but i am gonna make one for my dd. but for the guys that dont want to deal with body or paint work or dont have the tools that is a great deal for what your offering, and i think it looks very nice:cool:

yours looks way better than the mystique one. good luck with the group buy. i would buy one but i kinda do that stuff myself but i am gonna make one for my dd. but for the guys that dont want to deal with body or paint work or dont have the tools that is a great deal for what your offering, and i think it looks very nice:cool:

Thanks bagged (and others), means alot coming from you guys because I know you know your stuff.

Looks great. Not sure I could pull it off with a T red.:shrug:

It would be nice if he could make all four colors to see what they would look like but the amount of labor and materials would make it hard for him to make a bunch without preorders, I'm looking forward to someone doing a silver one.

For those of you that didn't get a chance to see this in person at SZ. It looks awesome!

Last edited:
doesnt matter what color you get. they all will look good. its just what the trunk needs. im suprised there isnt a list 10 long already for this. im telling you guys all the work involved to make that is way worth his price.

DSCI0706.jpg

im thinking about doing this... you inspired me...
as much as i like my reflector tinted with the lights im digging your approach to it.

Hey guys, I do think this is a good idea and pretty cheap for what you get. It's only a little bit more than the guage pod bezels people are buying and this takes more time and materials, not to mention having them done at a professional shop (that is not a negative comment about the bezels, they are extremely cool, well made and well worth the money, everyone should buy one). Let me know!

i'm interested fo sho

woah woah woah lets wait a hot second...is the black plastic under the reflector with the liscense plate and the reverse lights painted body color or staying the same because body color on anyof them that arent black would probably look ultra goofy imo so it depends on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back