• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: Extrude Honing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostCougar

New CEG'er
This is cross-post from the NECO forums.

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109786

Moderator of this section: Please let me know if you require more info on this, and I will update. I'm cross-posting to get more individuals involved. I will update this thread as time goes on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is again, a Group Buy for Extrude Honing our Upper Intake Manifolds.

Price: $285 (at least 10 buyers)

I'm going to set this up for one month only, so get in while you can.

Address to send them to:

Extrude Hone Corp.
1 Industry Blvd.
P.O. Box 1000
Irwin, PA 15642

Direct Contact: Rick Miller (724-861-8694)

You are responsible for shipping your intake, which ever method you choose. You also need to pay for return shipping, in which you will be charged after the process.

Please include a packing list with your UIM, including your NAME, DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER, and RETURN ADDRESS. Also note that you are part of the NECO GROUP BUY, so you are charged accordingly.

You will be contacted and charged after the process is done, so make sure you give the correct contact number for yourself.

This extrude hone process takes up to 3 weeks.

Note: I highly advise that you all take out the black clips on top of the manifold, that hold the vaccuum lines in place, along with the end caps for the runners. This is in case they are lost or not sent back to you.

First Group Buy thread for reference: http://www.newcougar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91836&highlight=extrude+honed

The inside of the upper intake manifold is opened up by extrude honing it, to 193cfm. A stock SVT UIM is between 160-163, depending on the year. Overall, a better flow percentage.

Normally the cost would be around $400, so this group buy helps if anyone wants to have this done.

A while ago in NECO I saw some unsatisfied posts. Not about their work (some were) but mostly with their customer service. Is it still the case or you know they already made improvement?

Thanks for the link OP for the original group buy, I read 3 pages of needed gaskets that if you didnt take out would cost 53.00 to replace, pages of peoples intakes that were sent to the wrong people.

Could you link me to a post of performance gains, or numbers or a chart or something. or even a rant like "OMG OMG Im so glad I did thiss.....wowwww."

sorry I couldnt read all 21 pages.

Here's the chart:

After the Extrude Hone process: Flow #s - 193 cfm (25% more than stock)

Stock Manifold = 155 cfm
Single Honed (98-98.5 SVT) = 170 cfm
Double Honed (99-00 SVT) = 180 cfm
Triple (some people) = 188-190 cfm

Either way, which ever manifold you send out, you'll get it back @ 193 cfm.

To be honest, interest in this on the Cougar board is very, very slim. We'll see how it pans out.

It showed a 2.3hp gain in the svt.

The only real gain, was that the hp was gained allot sooner then later in the rpms.

Meaning at 5500 it was closer to 165hp instead of 155. but it maxed out no more to wards the 7k mark at 167.
SO it brought the hp curve up.

If anyone has time, search for it on the old forums. He did a back to back dyno on 3 things. The EX honed intake was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back