• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon Fiber hoods

I didnt think they made the trunks anymore. I looked into this a while back and I asked around. People said that only 8 were made. Wow, hopefully this is true and i might invest some money into this.

Why did they(or whoever) make the CF trunk's lip so big? Its not like our cars put a whole lotta down force on it. If they cut the lip size in half, it would look better IMO.

Well sorta, just bought the cowl induction one last night (only 550 shipped - 150 less than AAS and same hood) but I wont get it til next week, they said theyre all out because of SEMA.

I was lookin at that one...they do GB's so I was thinking about organizing one...I dont think its the same thing as the AAS as the cowl looks different. It doesnt look as high.

Look at the underside picture, it looks like its raised up almost as much as the AAS one. Anyways I'd rather not pay 700 for the AAS one for maybe an inch higher cowl, it looks too high.

I like it, I shot them my telle number and are going to get back with a quote for me. Im gonna get one too I think :) Maybe the trunk too. Any thoughts on cutting that scoop out and putting some mesh in there?

Damn, guess I shouldve looked into a GB before I got ansy and went and bought one. Oh well, guess I'll just have to be the first to post the pics of my car with it.

I was lookin at that one...they do GB's so I was thinking about organizing one...I dont think its the same thing as the AAS as the cowl looks different. It doesnt look as high.

I am thinking pretty seriously about buying one this weekend, but if a GB starts, I am willing to wait a few weeks.

When they call me today, I am going to bring up a GB and see how much it would cost and get some more info on it. Ill keep everyone posted.

Got the hood in yesterday day afternoon and after only 4 hours of cursing and grinding down various parts, the hoods installed and looks beautiful. To those of you who are thinking about a gb for this hood however, I suggest you speak with street concept about increasing the striker on the hood to what OEM standards would be. Mine was about a 1/2" shorter than the OEM and I had to do some serious grinding on the latch bolt holes to bring it up enough to lock down the hood. The other problem is they didnt create a pass thru hole for the top part of the latch and it hits the hood (I had to file that down about a 1/4". But all in all, pretty good for aftermarket fitment. Wish I could put a better picture on here but I had to compress this one for upload standards...

Attachments

• Hood.jpg
    Hood.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 0
looks nice but not my cup of tea. I've always loved the 'OEM" look and having the oem cf hood gave me comments like "wait a minute.......is that a cf hood" thats the reason I love and esp. on a black car = hottness :)

Back