• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: coin holder gauge pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

shavedsvt

Veteran CEG'er
ok, this is going to be a short run of 10 gauge bezels. either you can send me your gauge bezel, or i can get them from the local junk yard for $15 each. when you send then take out all the accessories like vents, clocks and defrost buttons. i am not responsible for these, the bezels from the junk yard will not come with them. they will be in primer. everything used in making these is automotive grade. the pvc is epoxied into place, poly-filler is used to level out any uneven areas. primer will only be sprayed 3-4 inches around the worked area. once in primer i will sand and feather it until it is ready for paint. from there for an extra fee i can either try to match best to stock look, or actually base coat clear coat them. if you would like them painted i will only offer the four basic colors the car came in unless you have a paint code ready for custom painted cars. gauge bezels primed and ready for shipment will run $100 even plus shipping. im in the middle of finding a flat rate box for shipping so everyone pays the same and the price does not change based on location. if interested and your name to the list, after 10 are filled there will not be any more made until there are more interest to fill another 10. heres a picture of the finished product.

from this:
IMG_0991.jpg

to this:
IMG_0997.jpg

The List
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

thank you for your interest

Looks good! I've actually hacked mine up just to get the gauge in there... but you'll keep me from having to learn how to do fiberglass.

For your colors... do you have flat black? I want it to look stock (not glossy), just with the gauge added.

The List
1.) morbid
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

I wont be sending my original bezel. Ill need one. Also looking to get painted as close to stock as possible.

The List
1.) morbid
2.) contourSVT99
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

I'm in

I wont be sending you mine. If you need a deposit to pick one up from the junk yard just let me know.

Stock Look

The List
1.) morbid
2.) contourSVT99
3.) SVT Loki
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

I never asked the question in your other thread...

Do you retain the functionality of opening and closing the center HVAC vents? It looks like it because the adjustment is still shown there.

yes you do i just pop out the knob to fill the top and bottom notches like the driverside vent has. notice how i filled them

first ones almost done, today i tried to match some paint as close as i could get, satin black seems about right. if i match it good enough the first one should be ready for shipment by monday. going to the junk yard saturday and picking up more bezels.

first ones almost done, today i tried to match some paint as close as i could get, satin black seems about right. if i match it good enough the first one should be ready for shipment by monday. going to the junk yard saturday and picking up more bezels.

Are you going by your self there?

I'd like to see someone modify that change holder (which I didn't even notice until someone mentioned it) into another vent that you can aim closer to the driver.

Gawd summers in FL are hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back