• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Full opposite lock at the track... oooops!...

Wow, nice "drift" Mani! That was sooo awesome LMAO

But seriously, that's awesome that you corrected out of it and kept going. Great driving.

Calm, controlled, damn nice driving. I assume you're running an up-sized rear sway bar? I used to get a lot of lift throttle oversteer with my factory front sway bar with 24mm rear bar. Swapped out the 19mm SVT front for the 20mm SE sport front and it's made the car a lot more balanced. May be worth looking into.

I assume you're running an up-sized rear sway bar? I used to get a lot of lift throttle oversteer with my factory front sway bar with 24mm rear bar. Swapped out the 19mm SVT front for the 20mm SE sport front and it's made the car a lot more balanced. May be worth looking into.

Interesting, I have an SVT front sway bar waiting to go on my coug, maybe I wont bother.

Mani, nice drift! I bet that got your blood pumpin.

Not a sway bar issue. I like the way the car is setup, it is a very fast right hander, and I was telling myself I will not brake for the turn. I did not brake but, chickened out at the apex, which induced the problem, plus my new alignment setup is made to have a bit of oversteer on corner entry.

By the way, here is a picture shot in the qualifying session.

7868177536_08f1fd4be3_h.jpg

Calm, controlled, damn nice driving. I assume you're running an up-sized rear sway bar? I used to get a lot of lift throttle oversteer with my factory front sway bar with 24mm rear bar. Swapped out the 19mm SVT front for the 20mm SE sport front and it's made the car a lot more balanced. May be worth looking into.

I have this setup on my SE and I find it to be very neutral handling and nice!

Back