• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Racing Performance Parts Short Throw Shifter Install How-To

Is the 00 shifter setup the same as the focus?

I am trying to figure that out myself. It looks like the 2000 will need a spacer on the bottom of the tower. Carefully remove the retaining nut. I broke mine and it costs $20.00 to replace. Hard to believe such a small piece of plastic could cost that much. I will post more as I get it installed.

I am trying to figure that out myself. It looks like the 2000 will need a spacer on the bottom of the tower. Carefully remove the retaining nut. I broke mine and it costs $20.00 to replace. Hard to believe such a small piece of plastic could cost that much. I will post more as I get it installed.
Please do. I have mine shifter but won't get a chance to install for a few weeks yet. How much trouble was it getting to the stuff under the car?

Sorry I am not able to help with the 2000 installation. I do not have access to a 2000. Otherwise I would have worked on that installation also.

So I have a question concerning that shifter after the installation. First of all, I didn't replace the centering spring, and mine works just fine. It actually still centers itself, so yeah i don't know. Secondly. 1, 3, and 5 don't seem like they go in all the way. They are definitly in gear and there is no driveability issue, but you can still push it up with some resistance and it seems like it is streching on the cables or something. IDK, if anyone has any ideas, maybe i did something wrong, I don't think so however because I just drove 300 miles without a problem. Thanks!

-Jon

Back