• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford F150 Raptor unveiled!

They can say pre-runner as many times as they want but it wont make the truck any smaller like an actual Pre-Runner.

thoroughly unimpressed.

The design of the nose could have been pulled from any number of bad futuristic sci-fi movies and the interior appears cluttered, cramped, and, I dare say, a bit eclectic as if the designers could not decide what material and color to use, so they threw in a little of everything.

The mistake here is that the people they are appealing to with color splashes and blacked out accents arent the people who can afford to buy one over a standard $22k F150.

The mistake here is that the people they are appealing to with color splashes and blacked out accents arent the people who can afford to buy one over a standard $22k F150.
X2... I can bet if they make this pretty much exactly as pictured your looking at a pickup truck thats gonna sell for 50-60k.. Not my idea of a good truck for what they intend it for.

I guess everyone has a different opinion about taste, but to me that thing looks like it was whopped with an ugly stick. The grill is a complete turn-off.

Maybe it would look better in person.
Word.. holllllly :censored::censored::censored::censored: :blackeye:

Since we all know I have a thing for off-roading...the automatic is very acceptable.

4-Low in the Lowest gear going down a steep as hell incline (or up) REALLY keeps the wheels from spinning at all considering the 4-Low mated to the Lowest gear will help climb without having to touch the gas pedal versus (in my opinion) with a manual you almost always need to apply gas to keep it from stalling out (when it's in gear obviously) and losing all power assists. Losing your power brakes or steering on a steep slope is not fun at all. :blackeye:

So to me...this truck is amazing. It's nice to see a manufacturer finally making a very nice truck aimed at what it's meant for...off-road, versus another carbon copy of the SVT Lightning or the Toyota X-Runner.

WOOOOOOOOW!!! great lookn truck. nuthn wrong with an automatic tranny. its a friggn truck ppl! Luuuuuv the FORD on the grill. worlds better than a blue oval if u ask me. SVT pulls thru once again:). WOOT WOOT! cnewton's right tho. that looks like an expensive truck. between the suspension goodies, boss motor, and sweet good looks, its gatta run high. notice no price was hinted at in those reviews.

for thing such as rock crawling a manual is often the preferred weapon of choice.

And this is not a rock-crawler, so its all good, lol.

The boys over at SVT (the few that were left have been working on this project for a LOOOOONG time) did thier homework on this truck, and it is very capable off-road.

The boys over at SVT (the few that were left have been working on this project for a LOOOOONG time) did thier homework on this truck, and it is very capable off-road.

But will such a niche vehicle ever see production?

Meh... Flame me all you want but personally right now I would rather have a new Trailblazer with wide fenders and a cu-off roof. I have been waiting for Hummer to make it for a long time. The raptor looks nice but I just think I would prefer something like the new Trailblazer abomination.
Fixed
One of my friends turned a Raptor test truck into a lawn dart during an off-road testing trip :D Thankfully it wasn't until after the real testing had been completed.
That man is an American Hero. Any video of the incident?:crazy:

But will such a niche vehicle ever see production?

You'll have to wait until Ford says one way or another . . . but I'll be damned if most of the unique parts on that truck don't look like they came off production tooling . . .

That man is an American Hero. Any video of the incident?:crazy:

Unfortunately, no. It was one of the support mechanics that did it, and he didn't really know how to drive off-road, so after the testing was done, one of the test engineers let him give it a try. He went over a big sand dune either too fast or too slow, and stuffed the nose pretty hard. Apparently some of the cosmetic stuff was torn up, and the skid plate got bent, but the truck was fine otherwise.

Unfortunately, no. It was one of the support mechanics that did it, and he didn't really know how to drive off-road, so after the testing was done, one of the test engineers let him give it a try. He went over a big sand dune either too fast or too slow, and stuffed the nose pretty hard. Apparently some of the cosmetic stuff was torn up, and the skid plate got bent, but the truck was fine otherwise.

With the way that thing looks (and the fact that it's a Ford Truck) I'd expect nothing less. Must have been a fun ride, eh?

If its like any other ford pre-production version I'm sure wires and sensors went flying into the passenger floorboard.

for thing such as rock crawling a manual is often the preferred weapon of choice.

no, actually it's not. could you imaging having to mess with a clutch when your truck is almost vertical in the air? rollback is bad mmkay?

does anyone know the specs for the 6.2l?

that's a sweet rig, but what happened to SVT being shutdown, suddenly they have a logo everywhere you look? :confused:

That's what I was thinking too, what is this S-V-T they speak of:rolleyes: As far as the truck goes, yeah its nice, but I like the direction the gas prices are going, lets keep it that way! I'm not saying get rid of trucks because they serve a purpose, but shouldn't they get their heads together and get the Euro Focus and Mondeo over here:shrug::shrug::shrug: and how about the little Fiesta ST?!

no, actually it's not. could you imaging having to mess with a clutch when your truck is almost vertical in the air? rollback is bad mmkay?

does anyone know the specs for the 6.2l?

Totally agreed! I had a heavily mod'd Grand Cherokee that I took to Moab and all the other good spots in Utah, and when you're creeping up some steep inclines, going down them or other crazy s***, the last thing you want to worry about is popping the clutch or killing the engine at the worst possible time. I would usually have one foot on the gas and the other on the brake pedal until the trail or path would level out within reason. My weenis isn't long enough to deal with a clutch pedal :(

Everything I've read (not totally up to date, mind you) is that Ford killed it because of the SUV and truck sales sucking dong so badly.

Everything I've read (not totally up to date, mind you) is that Ford killed it because of the SUV and truck sales sucking dong so badly.

They delayed the launch of it for that reason (among others) but its not dead. From the sound of the press releases, the Raptor should have it available sometime before the end of the 2009 model year.

Back