• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford F150 Raptor unveiled!

I'd hit that with a freight train:drool:

The spokesman was REALLY cheesy, but this truck really has some guts to it! :shocked:

How sick is that "SVT Raptor" badge on the tailgate??? :drool:

Last edited:
I guess everyone has a different opinion about taste, but to me that thing looks like it was whopped with an ugly stick. The grill is a complete turn-off.

Maybe it would look better in person.

One thing I just noticed, the truck featured is a yucky automatic :help:

web.jpg

The front end is kinda ugly and I hope they offer more than an auto trans. I'm glad to see SVT on something other than a Mustang again! :cool:

Meh... Flame me all you want but personally right now I would rather have a new H3T. I have been waiting for Hummer to make it for a long time. The raptor looks nice but I just think I would prefer something like the new H3T.

One of my friends turned a Raptor test truck into a lawn dart during an off-road testing trip :D Thankfully it wasn't until after the real testing had been completed.

Meh... Flame me all you want but personally right now I would rather have a new H3T. I have been waiting for Hummer to make it for a long time. The raptor looks nice but I just think I would prefer something like the new H3T.

I think I'd prefer a Pre-Runner based on how many times he brought it up while "uh"ing his way through the description.

I won't knock it for having an auto, but a manual would be sweet, but for the most part the people that buy these aren't about to take them off-road, let alone need control of a manual while off-roading.

Are you sure about that? It's been a while since I picked up an issue of Truckin' but I remember a comparison between auto and manual transmissions for off-roading, and the only good argument for the manual was "I'm talented enough to shift, so I should."

For a pre-runner truck, a manual might be fun because you are racing on trails. But, for a rock crawler or anything you're going fairly slow in and creeping over crazy s***...... I'd happily take an automatic any day of the week.

An auto has a pretty big edge in durability over a manual on a lot of off-road stuff, because of the viscous connection in the tq convertor helps take up the driveline shock when the wheels hit the ground after jumping and other moves like that.

Back